Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be the first one here to have done so - I slept in our Up! last Friday night!

I arrived in Calais at three in the morning - too early for the shops (buying a load of wine) so I pulled into a motorhome Aire and caught a few hours kip.

I managed to easily fit over 230 litres of wine in the car and it still managed 66 mpg on the 630 mile round trip.

:) I continue to be impressed by this great wee car!! :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
lol great pic! looks like you could fit two ups in the back of one of those motorhomes!

Reminds me of when we went around france for a couple of weeks in a small campervan ('Wicked Campers' if anyone's had the experience) those Aires were great, some of them charged per night but we never saw anyone to give the money to

·
Registered
34 Posts
How did you sleep in the car? I've slept in a few cars and have a variety of techniques depending on the type of car lol. In the up! I've found the easiest, most comfortable way is to just recline the front passenger seat. Depending on how I feel I might put my feet up on the dash or have a leg running across the window sill (it's actually quite comfortable).

nb - just like the car I'm also small.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love that pic and 66mpg is really impressive. The longer I have this car and the more I read on here, the happier I am that I bought it

BTW that private reg is cracking and after reading your blog I can see if suits you prefectlyEdited by: Duffstar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts