1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Are the pics in Vertu VW Lincoln ?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sorry to be a pain, but I absolutely hate that first image with the silly cover over the car. As the late Sir Terry Wogan said, "Is it me"?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Personally, I think it adds to the theatre of the hand over.

Only the GTI up! had this, both TSIs weren't covered, but ultimately I thought it added to the experience.

Sorry to be a pain, but I absolutely hate that first image with the silly cover over the car. As the late Sir Terry Wogan said, "Is it me"?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Personally, I think it adds to the theatre of the hand over.

Only the GTI up! had this, both TSIs weren't covered, but ultimately I thought it added to the experience.
Our Beats UP! had it, and even the salesman, who was of a similar age as my wife and I, was a bit embarrassed when I pointed out how naff and tacky it was to us. BUT, each to their own, and I probably should just keep quiet as I am a bit of an old fart. Haha. Anyway OP, just enjoy your car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am thank you. Enjoying the mpg and the sprightliness of it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thought I recognised the showroom, both of our Tsi's came from there. Only the wife's Blue Tsi had the cover on though, she liked it, so ok by me.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I really don't see the point of the cover thing, you know what you've ordered so it's hardly going to be a surprise.
When I was due to pick up my new Up! I asked my dealer if the keys could be handed to me by a bikini clad page three girl, preferably Melinda Messenger or Linda Lusardi if Melinda wasn't available.
When I arrived at the dealers I was disappointed that there was no page three girl but the dealer had obtained a framed signed photo of Melinda Messenger so that was a nice surprise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts