Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to taking some pictures, all though near impossible to get any near clean shots with this sh*tty weather in Denmark! This post will be updated in the future when more mods are installed and the weather allows for better pics
hope you enjoy guys 'n gals, I love this car!

Special 21w signalling bulbs from the Mercedes CLK 55 AMG

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Is that on 35mm drop springs? Looks nice, I love the interior!
Makes for nice shots too, the tornado red against the crisp white snow

·
Registered
462 Posts
We nearly bought a red one could not make our mind up between white and red dealer had a white one for immediate deliver so took that one I love the red dashboard

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it's on standard BMT suspension, which I believe is lowered like 10 mm in comparison to the non BMT models..

Yeah, the interior is a little masterpiece in my head, especially with the leather pack (pictures will come)
And the red against the black looks sweet, the idea of the whole car is gonna be red / black.. Thursday it's getting the windows tinted, and later in the new year, the roof / spoiler, part of the rear bumper + behind front emblem is going to be wrapped in carbon

* Edit * original picture sizes can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/peder-dingo

Edited by: Peder-Dingo

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More pics!!

Antenna from the Polo :)

Tinted windows and Up! + Bluemotion sticker thingy removed

Illegal in Denmark, but I've done it anyhow!
tinted line in the top of the windscreen!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Those signal bulbs are just standard diadem incase you need to find replacements but they certainly aren't standard in a clk55 amg

Car is looking awesome! Wish I had that amount of snow to take Ralph playing in!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm.. funny, I work at Mercedes here in Denmark.. And a CLK 55 AMG we had like 5 years ago in our showroom had them, but then again, it was a used car, so the prev. owner most likely replaced them

Anyways! new bulbs came home from Britain today! 27/8W PIAA blue coloured, for the DRL and parking lights, they match the Phillips blue vision (and HID foglights that will soon be fitted)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, they look amazing compared to the standard bulbs.. Can't wait to get the HID foglights bought and installed!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have been looking at the piaa drl on eBay are they worth the money?

And are they the mirror ones Or normal blue?Edited by: spud

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would say that I'm pretty satisfied with them, but getting them to Denmark costed at bit too much for my liking, ended up paying 385 kr, thats like 38 £ with shipping, plus I ordered them via an authorised PIAA dealer who also took a piece of the pie (10£ for getting them home and selling them onto me)

But they look seriously cool in dusk, I have chosen to code my rear lights to be on all the time as well, this way I can drive almost until dark with the DRL's turned on

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Modding of the newly bought hubcaps has begun!

First step : Grind down the original paint with fine 400p sandpaper

Next step, paint them with black spray paint, apply a couple of clear coat paint and hand paint the VW logo

And the final product of the two of them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts