Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have unwritten rules of the road when driving so I was wondering if any one else does the same.
My rules are:-

1. Never let Audi drivers out or give way to them unless they have right of way.
2. Same as 1 but for BMW's
3. Same as 1 for 4x4's the only exception being Land Rover Defenders
4. Always waving at drivers who I allow through gaps etc when they show no appreciation
5. Same as 1 for youths wearing those silly caps.
6. Same as 1 for youths with chronically lowered suspensions and fancy exhausts that make their Corsa's sound deafening.
7. Same as 1. for Robin Reliant drivers.

So what are your rules

Edited by: Roger the Shrubber

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh... and add taxi drivers to the list as wellbut only when driving said cab.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Essentially the same as yours!
I just each case om it's merits, as and when it arises. Usually biased by cars I like, or ladies I like.
;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I go along with all those points Roger. I'd add Volvo drivers to the list, I think......or at least, never park near one.Other rule:- When Audis or BMWs try to climb into your boot when you are doing exactly the speed limit - reduce it another 5 miles an hour - just to make their day!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to be nice to everyone until you realise that drivers of the listed vehicles generally(although not always) tend to have **** all courtesy to other road users. Audi drivers when your are on the motorway overtaking a truck at 80mph who come tearing up behind you and sit on your bumper are the worst and most numerous I find.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dadog,

Doing as you suggest really makes my day. I do it deliberately on any road to any idiot that tries it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh... and another one. Never park next to a people carrieras your doors are going to get smashed in especially if you spot a kiddie seat in the back.

Edited by: Roger the Shrubber

·
Registered
811 Posts
Roger the Shrubber said:
I have unwritten rules of the road when driving so I was wondering if any one else does the same.
My rules are:-

1. Never let Audi drivers out or give way to them unless they have right of way.
2. Same as 1 but for BMW's
3. Same as 1 for 4x4's the only exception being Land Rover Defenders
4. Always waving at drivers who I allow through gaps etc when they show no appreciation
5. Same as 1 for youths wearing those silly caps.
6. Same as 1 for youths with chronically lowered suspensions and fancy exhausts that make their Corsa's sound deafening.
7. Same as 1. for Robin Reliant drivers.

So what are your rules

As a fellow grumpy old git I agree with all the above, except my 4x4 exemption extends to any Land Rover product over 15 years old. For point 4 I tend to add a toot of the horn and thumbs up sign, much to the embarrassment of my wife.

One more on my list, if the Audi sitting 2" from my back bumper on a packed motorway flashes his lights, I slow down to match the speed of the car in the middle lane.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good man Ally

I can accept your 4x4 amendment thinking it through now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My pleasure Lambo
The rest can take a hike.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've just had a brilliant idea for annoying drivers who sit on your bumper around town. I'm going to adjust my windscreen washers to squirt the water over the top or my car so it gives them a bit of a soak when you are going along or better still stopped at lights

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
1. Dubs first?
2. Madly wave at other up! drivers!!

Maybe one day i'll get a wave back??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Totally agree Gary. My first and only add on to my Up will be a club sticker.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Roger the Shrubber said:
I've just had a brilliant idea for annoying drivers who sit on your bumper around town. I'm going to adjust my windscreen washers to squirt the water over the top or my car so it gives them a bit of a soak when you are going along or better still stopped at lights

When the aforementioned Audi is behind, I usually give the screen a good blast for that very reason and get childish satisfaction when they have to use their wipers. I thought it was just me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I tried that slowing down thing on A1 Newcastle, I managed to get from 70mph down to 30mph before the ar** decided to overtake

·
Registered
393 Posts
1) Never let bloody buses out, because they just try and force their way out and hog the rod!

2) Avoid pot holes like the plague,
3) Never park next to anyone if you can help it,
4) Ditto to the business people in their Audi's, BMW's etc,
50 This also goes for white van man, who tries to push you out of the way on a motorway, because the 70 MPH speed limit isn't fast enough!
6) Never let people bully you because your small in your Up!, especially when cars are parked on a road turning it into a single lane.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Point 6 is very true. I have surprised several Audi drivers who think that they can bully an Up driver.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts