Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never been tempted to blog, tweet or join any sort of forum or discussion online until now.

But in the time I have been on here I've:

Been alerted to a possible engine/gearbox rattle

Found out where to get cool sill protectors

Got the name of thebest polish to buy ready for my new Up!

Been reassured I've chosen the BEST colour

Come to the conclusion I definitely don't need the Turtle Wax Black Box

And, of course, found a such nice bunch of fellow Up! enthusiasts

So cheers
to you all and let's hope we can all Meet Up! one day!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have to agree with you, already there is a mountain of
interesting and useful information on this forum (and very addictive it is
too).<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Once a few more of us get our cars it would be cool to meet
up for a chat and to put a face to a user name. I know a lot of the Smart
owners do this quite regular, they also organise runs or meet for bowling ect.

What do other forum members think?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that's three of us so far, and well spread out too!

·
Registered
60 Posts
You need to be careful - before you know it, you'll be spending weekends in a field with your "internet friends" (like I do with one of my other VWs!!!)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Madwitch said:
You need to be careful - before you know it, you'll be spending weekends in a field with your "internet friends" (like I do with one of my other VWs!!!)
Mmmm i work most weekends

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, I'm sure there are some lovely campsites near you (in fact, I know there are) so if we get a weekend organised in your area, you could at least come over in the evenings!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah id be up for meet ups, once i get my up that is! altho i think it has been discussed before, and dan suggested we all meet at a big VW meet up first before we meet indervidually as an up group!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Em dont now where uses are all from but I would definetly be for a meet tho I stay in aberdeen...

so might be more like weekend trip! Haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Definitely should have a meet! We used to go all the time in our old bug, not been in ages tho! The likes of run to the sun and dub freeze are great, amongst many others to. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hopefully by next year we'll all have our cars!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Meets are a great idea but could I ask that folk put a rough location in their profile so we know where you are.....I'm in Ayrshire so a south-east meet is ano-no but I'm amazed how few scots are on here.

When I had a couple of smarts, we had a postcard sized banner/info sheet we could download and print to leave under the wiper of any other smart cars we spotted...really bolstered the forum and spread the word to the unknowing...is it an option anyone would like here ....? admin?

John

·
Registered
677 Posts
Privatedoc you dont happen to be on the Smartz forum? I was/am and we had Smartz stickers on our smarts, was great when people noticed you :D

Yeah Im amazed at how many scots are here :D especially so close to moi!! A central scot meet would be right up my street ^_^ I would finally get to see more Ups :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my location on my profile, I think when people have got there ups (going to be such a long wait for mine! :) ) we should defenitly, always a great atmosphere at vdub meets, could even do a "show and shine" haha :)

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Craig, yes I was on smartz for a while...had two fourfours and a roadster (wish I still did have the roadster) loved the way you always got a flash or a wave from other smarts!...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like the info sheet idea. And it would be interesting to see stats on how many members are from Scotland, NE England etc etc

1 - 20 of 28 Posts