Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an extended demo in a High Up with Sports Pack and driven on a variety of roads including motorways, in town and cross country. Drove 150 miles at 51mpg according to the M + M. Some observations........

The Good Bits

- Sports Suspension and 16" wheels well damped and compliant enough to cope with our rubbish roads.
- Gearbox and clutch are great, lovely easy change (no unwanted noise on this one)
- Engine smooth and quiet at motorway speeds and a nice noise under acceleration. Revs well.
- Tight turning circle and - good visibility
- Strong Brakes
- Decent headlights
- No rattles
- BT of internet radio via phone (do you need to specify DAB?)
- Trip computer functions via M+M (do you need to specify the separate Trip Computer?)
- No misting up issues but A/C running most of the time

The Not So Good Bits

- Economy not as good as expected (struggled to get over 50mpg)
- No torque, engine has to be revved hard. Feels very flat at low revs.
- Wanders around in cross winds
- Too many turns from lock to lock and no feel through the steering. No self-centreing?
- M+M fiddly to use
- No one touch operation for windows and only one switch on drivers side
- Awkward driving position - reach adjustment would help
- Stiff ignition lock - position 2 to 3
- No clutch footrest
- No instrument lighting dimmer

Bozzer

Edited by: Bozzer

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi Bozzer, your points are all fair. For the multi-function computer, you need to specify the sensor pack which also gives you cruise control and parking sensors. The DAB radio is an extra, although some people have reported that the FM equivalent of a digital channel actually sounds better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning Alan

Are the trip computer functions duplicated when the sensor pack is specified and you already have M+M?

Does the car struggle with the cruise control? Small engine with low power trying to maintain speed up hill?

I've had DAB in my last two cars but they didnt have the BT streaming facility. Is DAB worth buying in this case?

Bozzer

Edited by: Bozzer

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi Bozzer, i have a move up and at the beginning of March i'm upgrading it to a high up with sensor pack so i don't yet know what the functionality cross-over is with M&M - but i'm sure someone who does know will enlighten us. The up engine loosens up nicely. I have a steep switchback road to travel up as part of my daily commute. When i first got my up i had to drive it in 2nd gear, but with more miles on the clock, now i can do it in 3rd and it will accelerate in 3rd too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bozzer said:
- No clutch footrest

I've lived in France half my life and people often ask me whether I prefer LHD or RHD cars. I always reply LHD simply because the wheelarch provides a natural rest for the left foot, otherwise there's nothing in it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bozzer said:
Morning Alan

Are the trip computer functions duplicated when the sensor pack is specified and you already have M+M?

Does the car struggle with the cruise control? Small engine with low power trying to maintain speed up hill?

Bozzer

Yes they are duplicated.

Cruise control works pretty well in up hill too.

Yes, in left hand drive, we have a foot rest.

-eelis-

Edited by: -eelis-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts