Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last message on here because today I cancelled my High Up order. Too many complaints & poor reviews about the ASG gearbox & I need a trustworthy automatic & reading the many poor reviews felt like I couldn't trust the car. VW confirmed its a mechanical " fault" not Software related so nothing planned as a fix.
I tried a longer test drive & experienced the loss of power & so, sadly, decided the car not for me, thanks for the kind welcome & messages I received on here. I'm test driving a Mini Cooper on Wednesday. Safe driving in your Ups!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
good luck with the cooper. I think they look good in red.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You may not have an up!, but you don't need to leave! Everybody's welcome here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Aw, sorry to hear that. it really is a great little car. I've noticed a couple of "dips" in power whilemy ASGdecides what gear to choose, but nothing I cant live with and I actually like quirky rather than boring, but hope you like the mini x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm test driving a mini not buying it... I need an automatic it's not a lifestyle choice. What's wrong with mini automatics though, would welcome your obviously knowledgable feedback. I don't want to make the wrong choice again. Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Drive it and see if you like it and then look at the various forums about the troubles with the autobox not forgetting its about to be replaced then make up your own mind.Mini is a very good marketing name but it lacks a bit of substance in the built quality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for this, the problem seems to have been with older models & mine would be new. A friend bought a Mini Cooper Auto 3 months ago & loves it. No intermittent problems at all. I'm aware a new one coming out but, sods law, I need a new car in July. What small automatic would you suggest then please? No-one car would please everyone I guess. I just want something I can rely on & that doesn't lose power on roundabouts / hills etc. Doesn't seem much to ask really does it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
go for a polo dsg, not a polo lover but the dsg kicks arse when autos are conserned...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think the seat Ibiza is available in dsg too if you want to spend a bit less than a polo... But dsg is hard to beat as an auto...

See if U can test drive a dsg you'll soon see what I mean..
Edited by: scarja

·
Registered
184 Posts
Polo/fabia/Ibiza all have DSG, as does the ford fiesta now, fords variant the power shift, works the same way. Hired a focus with this gearbox and it was very good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks so much for all your posts & car suggestions, definitely food for thought. Back to the drawing board again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to say thanks for all the great feedback on here which helped me to make what I hope is the right decision. I've now ordered a new Polo Match Edition 5 door automatic. Phew feels like a big relief to finally have sorted it. Thanks to everyone who offered advice & constructive criticism. I'm very appreciative of everyone who took the trouble to add to my knowledge.
Safe driving everyone.
Linda
X

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm pleased you are sorted out. I hope you are vey happy with the Polo

·
Registered
202 Posts
great news you'll love the dsg!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts