Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you soon to be/new VW up! owners.
My girlfriend and I ordered our up! Black on the 17th March after test driving the up! White at our local dealer.

Until recently, we owned a rather lovely RX-8 and would have never considered a 'city car' until I first read about Volkswagens new class leader back in the November issue of Top Gear magazine.
Despite my love of the 8, the temptation to own a car whichrequires onlya dribble of fuel now and again and costs just £20 p/a to tax (plus the undeniable fear that an expensive repair bill was looming) got the better of us.

I loved the cheeky way the up! drove, immediately taking it onto a dual carriageway to confirm theverdicts of the reviews which stated the ride quality at motorway speeds.
Will I miss the power? No. I don't think I will. The up! is a lovely place to sit and has gadgets a plently to keep me entertained.
Surely this is the smallest car ever to be fitted with heated seats?!
The 'Maps & More' is a truly brilliant device. A touch screen multifuction computer installed into the dash of larger cars would surely be a £1000+ option!
I could go onand on about all the features I am looking forward to, but I am sure you are all looking forward to exactly the same things!

Our dealer predicted a mid July delivery date which seems so far away, especially as I find myself thumbing through the brochure and looking at this site everyday!

One thing I would like to ask those of you lucky lucky people who have already received your up! is, I have ordered the panoramic sunroof on mine and so far,haven't seen many pictures of them. Perhaps if you are now enjoying the luxuries of opening and closing yourroofs, you wouldn't mind uploading some pics of the sunroof open and how it looks from the inside?

Thats enough waffling from me for now!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi MattyUp, welcome to the forum.

Still waiting for my up! White and didn't order the sunroof, so can't help you with that I'm afraid. Another friendly forum member will surely oblige.

Sounds like we did the opposite - I test drove an up! Black and ordered an up! White. Very difficult to choose between them though. Congrats on a great purchase. Don't forget to add your car to the model and colour polls on this forum.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi R1ch, thanks for the welcome.
I will be jealous of your white wheels! I have seen the accessories catalogue and am a little disappointed that the black classic alloys aren't a standard option as the white ones are with the up! White.

I will now go and enter the polls as the Black seems to be seriously lagging behind! Thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
......And thank you move and Marky!

·
Registered
677 Posts
WELCOME!!!

You are in great company of many folk who have no yet to received their Up!s, sounds like a lovely combo you've ordered :D

My advise is, try and forget you've ordered it! I know its hard but thats what I do, every time I think about my Up I get butterflies so I try not to think of it! when it comes it will be a lovely surprise! :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
A lovely surprise would be knowing its built and due to arrive!! I am not a patient person so the advice of forgetting it is a good idea indeed

·
Registered
235 Posts
I to am waiting for my black move up with alloys,sound pack and sunroof.....seems to be so long, but can NOT keep driving past the garage hoping it will be there :( long wait yet I think build week 17

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi Matty,

Yes the wait will get to you!

Yes you will become addicted to this site!

Yes ! Someone will upset you by ordering theirs after you! THEN get theirs before you AND rub salt into your wounds by driving past your house in said car!

WON'T THEY !!! Carman!!

not bothered.....anyway......didn't want a bluemotion....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Estimate for mine to be built is in two weeks time (week 16), but still no confirmed date from my dealer. Is this normal?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi there
Congrats on your order, I have bored so many people now but I can't seem to shut up about my new mini herbie (yes he has a name already!!!!)

I have ordered a white high up with black interior (never had heated seats before looking forward to that!!)

Monkeydog

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Hi!! welcome to the forum, think you can see already we are a friendly bunch!

i agree, this has to be the smallest car with heated seats!! haha

the wait is already killing me and i only ordered mine 2 weeks ago....

·
Registered
553 Posts
willowaz said:
Hi!! welcome to the forum, think you can see already we are a friendly bunch!

i agree, this has to be the smallest car with heated seats!! haha

the wait is already killing me and i only ordered mine 2 weeks ago....
My son had a smart roadster before his Scirocco and that had heated seats and has to be smaller!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts