Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Up but delivery uncertain - lousy detail on UK order status site - "build date assigned" - which century?Anyway, I'm an American now in the UK (married to a Brit) and this will be the smallest engined car I've owned (I have a 5.4L AC Cobra I built in my garage).
After my years with UK roads I stuck with normal suspension and 15" wheels:
High Up in white
All the packs
Sunroof
Better speakers
And a spare key (2nd proper folding/remote) which cost me over £150!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you like big cars with big engines how come you ordered an up!? Seems a bit like a millionaire proudly buying a bedsit in Hackney. You just know they're going to hate it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I suspect because in todays Britain, big engines are irrelevant due to fuel costs, insurance, tax and the fact you cant use the power on the conjested roads?
Im sure youll enjoy it, small cars are fun in a way no big car can ever be.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Get some pedals fitted!

Seriously, it's a good car and fun to drive. It sort of reminds me of the mini (austin), but much better.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I love my little Up!, is like a mini sports car, the wait is the worst. Just started another wait for a BMW 116i for March the 1st to replace the Leon, the wait sucks lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
two to three weeks. It depends on when VW find a spot on a transporter to your dealer and then the dealer has to do the pdi, tax etc. Your dealer should be able to tell you more.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Badger them, I made an annoyance of myself and had it on my drive less than a week from it landing on UK shore, oh and I'm about 300 miles from the port.
They should be able to prebook a slot on a transporter now they know when it's due, so it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
My car arrived to the port on a wednesday by sunday it was at bolton vw by the wednesday after I was in it, I don't know which port it arrived at but mine was only a week turn round

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hmmmh, my dealer needs about week and a half just to fit winter tires and mud flaps on their used demo up I'm getting from them
At least they promised me some discounts...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts