We've bust the 1000 barrier.

According to howmanyleft.com the breakdown as of this morning is thus

180 High Up
210 Move Up
247 Bluemotion Up's
296 Take Up
55 Up Black
67 Up White

Also explains why I've only seen 5 on the road since May.

The same search http://howmanyleft.com/?utf8=“&q=volkswagen+Up also reveals 77 VW Pickup trucks. Theres a few of them in York

Edited by: Optimus Frag

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Up Black in the minority yay!

I'm on 5 too!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I too am in the minority with an up! Black.

Wonder why so few up blacks sold... Price premium perhaps?

Still perhaps better residuals as rarer car secondhand? Or lower? If no one wants one later

Stil, I was never one to follow the trend, so this trait continues!Edited by: Markmod1

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Great info......fun to see how many dopey cars like allegros left!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well I saw another Candy White UP! in Ashtead early yesterday morning and the man gave me a big grin. I did not notice which one it was though but it had OY at the beginning so not sure where that is from.

·
Registered
214 Posts
tweeter1980 said:
Well I saw another Candy White UP! in Ashtead early yesterday morning and the man gave me a big grin. I did not notice which one it was though but it had OY at the beginning so not sure where that is from.

Just seen that it is from Oxford.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes, it was from the Oxford area, and this link will provide some more information about the new registration plate system. There's actually no real detail on the previous letter combinations, so I always refer to my ancient 1966 AA Book of the Road to find out what the letter combination for Clackmannanshire was!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom

Nick

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Us UP! Black's are really an exclusive club!! :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's easy to tell how many of the special editions have been sold, but working out what the colour split on the rest of the models sold is going to be difficult.

I get the feeling that the light blue and the silver are in a minority, compared to the fashionable white and the old favourites, red and black.

Nick

·
Registered
104 Posts
Surprised the Take up! is so far ahead seeing as the numbers on the Forum poll are so low! cheap to buy and run as a second car must be the main criteria here?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Interesting to see the decline in the classic beetle population

·
Registered
304 Posts
It is sad to see the decline in numbers of any model of car... I had a mk2 shape Suzuki swift gti that was a little stormer with a twin cam 1 litre engine that pig out 130bhp.... They look to dwindled to nearly nothing now.

I also had a triumph Toledo in sickly yellow sand colour... These too have almost gone as well.

I was thinking about this form on the way to work, and the lack of original minis on the road now. I then proceeded to see three in the short period of four minutes... All looking fine and dandy (and still with a subframe!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I,m another member of the UP Black club.But I have seen one other driving around locally .I collected mine on Aug 1st and have had lot,s of intrest ,has it,s so rare .

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Markmod1 said:
I too am in the minority with an up! Black.

Wonder why so few up blacks sold... Price premium perhaps?

Still perhaps better residuals as rarer car secondhand? Or lower? If no one wants one later
People buy the one they like best, but that is not to say they don't like the others. Yours might not sell so fast as and when you decide to let it go. I was not keen on the black, but then I saw one on the road and I thought "wow", I was surprised how nice it looked. Different colours change the look of the car, by highlighting or hiding body contours.

I am surprised that there are so few TakeUps, and that half are the high end ones.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Bluebottle said:
Surprised the Take up! is so far ahead seeing as the numbers on the Forum poll are so low! cheap to buy and run as a second car must be the main criteria here?

But if you add210 Move Up and247 Bluemotion Up's you get 457 so move up is ahead.

I am guessing HI UP! Blue motion not arrived in UK yet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
At the end of the day we are all up! people

1 - 20 of 23 Posts