Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I'm being a pain again, but please explain exactly what these are.... I think i know, but I'd rather be educated about them... something to do with lowering?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Springs to lower the suspension. Probably need new shocks as well. Can't see the point. It'll ruin the ride and invalidate the warranty.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they are -35mm lowering springs.
Don't need to change shocks with these. It will be better to drive with these than originals

They are manufactured for this model and have TüV-licence so shouldn't affect on warranty or insurance (in finland). Don't know for sure, but I'll take that risk.

lilsumo said:
genuine cars are for those who dont believe in individuality
Thanks lilsumo

·
Registered
705 Posts
The Sports Pack comes with those springs as standard, doesn't it, together with the Triangle Black wheels?The review in Car Magazine April 2012 complained about the poor ride quality with them fitted, but this was on the cobbled streets of Verona.

Nick

·
Registered
727 Posts
Collas said:
The Sports Pack comes with those springs as standard, doesn't it, together with the Triangle Black wheels?The review in Car Magazine April 2012 complained about the poor ride quality with them fitted, but this was on the cobbled streets of Verona.
I have the sport suspension on my white up!, it lowers the car 15mm. As far as ride quality goes, whoever wrote that review is a bleeding idiot. I test drove a black up! which didn't have the sport suspension before ordering my car with it so I have first hand experience on the up's ride quality with and without it. Yes, it's slightly firmer than the normal suspension but in all honesty it's a million miles from "poor ride quality".

·
Registered
677 Posts
Can't wait to see these on your Up :)

I have the Sports suspension on my Up!, I test drove a move up without it so like vwild1 I have experience with both and to be completely honest I couldn't tell the difference! Only that the handling was so much better!!

Get them on your Up and get some photos on :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll try to get them installed this weekend or in the next week.

Just realised that my up! is allready -15mm lower than up!s without bluemotion. So those springs will lower my up! only 20mm and that is not much

Have to wait the coils to be on market... Wanna go low, but can't affort air suspencion ( or I need a better paid job
).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks very nice!

You mention that the Move up! BMT is already 15mm lower than standard. That's what I thought, and indeed the Citigo Greenline is 15 mm lower than standard. However, the VW UK site doesn't say anything about a height difference for the BMT, or at least I can't find any reference to it. (I think vwild1 mentioned a while ago that there is no height difference).

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/up-nf/which-model/compare/size/

·
Registered
235 Posts
BMT 15mm lower?
Yes, 15mm lower springs are part of Skoda Greentech spec for the Citigo and lower suspension did feature as part of the BMT package on other VW's (e.g. Polo), but there is no reference to it anywhere in the VW up! brochure or on website.
I wonder whether this is another example where specs differ from country to country?
Having driven a Citigo Greentech, the difference in the ride in negligible - to the point where I thought about ordering the sport suspension on my up!. However sports suspension is only available as a stand alone option on the up! black or white.
I'll have to wait and see whether my car is lower, when it arrives, or perhaps an email to VW is called for in the meantime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts