Up Owners Club banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi Folks

I have sent my down pipe and mid section of the exhaust to a company called Zircotec to have it treated with a coating.

The idea being that this preparation will negate "heat soak" in the engine compartment and improve performance.

Cheers
Michael
Zircotec are very local to me, I could walk there in 15mins from here. The best in their field. They do a lot of F1 work.

I know of someone who used them for his custom bike exhaust which would have cooked his legs but having the coating applied internally and externally meant there was no smell of bacon burning when he was riding.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Inside and outside coating is a good idea.
They do a good range of colours too. For the outside....
I imagine some colours work better than others - dark or black doesn't make sense to me...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Isn't this a little over kill guys?

I'm all for the no expense spared mentality etc but you've gotta keep your return on investment in mind right? Given the size of the engine and turbo I'd be surprised if you gained even half a 🐎 from insulating the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That is true, it will look excellent and probably add to longevity. Pics when it's done I hope 😁
Thanks Tom

Ive been quoted 10 days lead time on this process and will upload photos when I can.

M

21 - 28 of 28 Posts