Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove into town today, 4 miles, and I saw a red Up in town, and 2 red Ups in the Waitrose car park, one of which I've seen many times before. In the work car park I've seen 4 Up variants, including my own, another with almost the same reg, and two Skodas.

The local Ford dealership, a nasty company, closed down a few weeks ago. They took me for a ride, in the bad sense, which is why I bought an Up. Another branch of the same Ford dealership 20 miles away closed down a few years ago. That was a shame as the chap who ran it was very nice. Apparently German car makers are the only ones doing well these days.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yep the Up! is selling very well indeed but the values are holding firm. 12 plaste SEAT Mii S A/C are going for around 6.5K compared to Take Up!'s going for around 7-7.5K.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I drove 260 miles to N.Lincs last week avoiding motorways and saw 1 Up, on the way home I saw 1 Mii. Since Ive only seen another Up and a Citigo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's a white up! On the next street and a red one on the street beyond that. Although there is a vw dealership in the town where I live.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Leif said:
I went to Southsea today and I saw two more Ups. 5 in one day is surprising.

I suppose the Seat price is not too unexpected since it costs less to buy new.

Only about £200 for the S and the S I have seen going for 6.5K is a S A/C and that retails at 8.4K!!
Another reason I was worried about buying another SEAT as the residuals have slipped in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jezyg said:
Leif said:
I went to Southsea today and I saw two more Ups. 5 in one day is surprising.

I suppose the Seat price is not too unexpected since it costs less to buy new.

Only about £200 for the S and the S I have seen going for 6.5K is a S A/C and that retails at 8.4K!!
Another reason I was worried about buying another SEAT as the residuals have slipped in the last couple of years.
Oooh! I would like a 5 door, so when I come to change my car - I do ~20,000 miles a year - I'll go for a used Seat. :
I like the look of the Seat, of course I'll have to look inside and see that it is okay, and not shabby.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drove into town yesterday, a 4 mile journey, and I saw a nice red 2 door Citigo on the way, and a nice 4 door silver Up in town. Lots of Citigos and Ups about, I've only seen one Mii.

The more I see these cars, the more I like the styling. 4 doors are nice.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've had many cars from a Yugo to a Jaguar but I will probably stick with VAG from now on.

I've also noticed that Ups seem to have suddenly become popular, I passed 4 on my way home tonight. I have stopped waving.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
we are starting to see them here in Italy now that the eco version is out they have more orders so will be seeing more... At the moment seeing about 1 every 2-3 weeks..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just seen another red one, this time a high up! So they are getting much more popular, but I've never seen more than 4 on one day though.Edited by: skyhigh

·
Registered
583 Posts
Parked mine on Friday.
Less than an hour later I found another up! parked behind it

·
Registered
393 Posts
I see one going to work every day, but it's parked up all the time and have never seen it move.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Leif said:
Mulo said:
i see at least 5-10 a day.
Cripes. You don't work in a VW garage do you?

It's not that implausible, I see at least 2 or 3 every day. There are at least three others (plus my 2) in the small town where I live.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts