Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe some a**ehole nicked my locking tyre valve caps yesterday!!! Bloody things only cost about four quid but some tightfisted toerag obviously didn't want to get his hand in his pocket and would presumably rather spend his time checking out the caps, going home to find an alan key and then coming back for them.

What a !!&@@%&@!£$

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sadlyall too common, BMW use to fit metal valve caps as standard and they got stolen all the time. If you cannot lock it down sadly it will get up and walk

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know. Had the same thing with the stand up badge on my old Merc. Bought about four of the bloomin things and every single one got nicked. Gave up eventually and just did without.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have vw caps from eBay, and they are the non locking ones.. I'm wondering how long they will last!! I did put the old plastic ones in the glove box when I changed them, as I am assuming some low life will pinch the shiny ones..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rednaxela said:
I have vw caps from eBay, and they are the non locking ones.. I'm wondering how long they will last!! I did put the old plastic ones in the glove box when I changed them, as I am assuming some low life will pinch the shiny ones..

Yeah, I got mine from eBay too and, like you, kept the old ones in the glove box just in case. Honestly, it makes me absolutely spitting mad that people think they're entitled to just take someone else's stuff!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh no Alison, some people hey?

I must check to see if mine are still there

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bugbabe34 said:
Oh no Alison, some people hey?

I must check to see if mine are still there
Hope they are. Unfortunately it's just typical of the little scroats who live near where I work. Luckily we're moving offices soon & will have a private car park so I may invest in some more then.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I was gonna get some, but now I won't bother if in a few weeks the plastic ones will end up back on anyway!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts