Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reasons that I don't quite understand this application is available only on Maps & More, the Skoda and Seat PID devices do not have it. Now since I don't have it I can't say if its any good, but from what I've read about it, it appeals to my desires to drive more frugally

I've emailed off to Navigon and VAG group to try and explain why this software was absent from the Skoda/Seat versions, since improved efficiency and lower environmental impact is something all owners should be encouraged to attain?

I'll let you know if I get anywhere

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I wonder if putting your maps and more unit in a vw would activate the vw version of the software, after all, it's the same unit.

·
Registered
705 Posts
There are certainly Seat and Škoda splashscreens already built in, so it's possible that it's already there. Though looking at the box the unit came in which has been VW up! branded, they have gone to the trouble of making sure that it's up! specific, rather than a generic VW-biased Navigon xxxx unit.

Nick

·
Registered
462 Posts
To be honest you are not missing anything with blue trainer I use the trip computer thing the most just to,see what I can get it up too on a run lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have to say it works wonders. I spent some time playing with it and now with 1000 miles on the clock, I have managed on the high up! 75ps BMT, 407 miles on my first ever fuel tank and now my second I have managed a whopping 450 miles to empty. Just keeps me wondering how many more miles I can squeeze on a full tank.......? Lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update - I received a mail back from VAG in Germany

"Thank you for contacting us.

Your correspondence has been forwarded to SEAT S.A. They will handle your concern.

Although SEAT is part of the Volkswagen Group, they are an independent brand with their own Customer Care team."

I then received a mail from Seat that next day, but since it was 'international' customer support they wanted my country of residence in order to refer to my national support I'd assume. TBH I'm not hopeful of any joy with Seat customer support, since its not really an issue for VW or Skoda or Seat, more for VAG group (which is why I went directly to them) as to why decisions were taken to change the software based upon the target manufacturer.

Regarding a response from Navigon themselves, the silence is defeaning!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a call this morning from Seat UK. The guy was very helpful but the response was as expected. The Think Blue trainer is unique to Vollswagen, but he did say that I wasn't the only person to query it and apparently there was consideration being given rolling the software out across the sister cars, so fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I think its pointless don't work in my auto

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Itzben said:
I think its pointless don't work in my auto
I think the manual states that the gear shifting function doesn't work in Automatics, which is understandable

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ooops my mistake it does work just didnt know how it did

1 - 11 of 11 Posts