Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Myself and my otherhalf are thinking of buying the High Up! as a second car for me for work and general day to day things.

We test drove the Move Up! today and really liked it and are going back to the dealer next Saturday to perhaps buy one.

I was wondering what people who have one think of them and also what add ons are recommended. Also, what colour do people have and interior colour scheme with seats and dashboard.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a candy white move up and have a tungsten silver high up with sensor pack on order. This is the car and extras i felt i was missing out on during my year with my move up. The up looks good in candy white, but i drive on filthy rural roads - so it's not a practical colour for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Sounds like you like Up's!! I was looking at the white but think it would get very dirty quickly with work.
What does the sensor pack give you?

·
Registered
851 Posts
The sensor pack gives you a multi-function computer, cruise control and rear parking sensors. I believe that the multi-function computer shows you the engine temperature (amongst other things) as the standard car dashboard doesn't give you that.

·
Registered
851 Posts
1) Journey info (fuel consumption, ave speed, distance)
2) Think blue (helps you to drive more economically)
3) Media (SD card, bluetooth, MP3 playback).
4) Sat Nav
5) Telephone (voice activated bluetooth mobile connection).

You get M&M as standard with the high up but have to pay extra if you specify it with a move up. The best advice is get it from the start rather than try and retro fit it because VW do not pre-wire for this device and you - or someone else - has to cut the hole for it in your dashboard. To be honest, if you decide later that you want M&M, it would be less hassle to get a new up with it supplied.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. It sounds very good.

Think I will go for the high up! Just need to decide colour and extras to add I think.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was looking at the Move Up! but by the time you get the stuff you want on it you might as well just buy a High Up! Thats what I did anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's exactly what we were going to do then when we test drove it today the sales man said it would work out better to get the high up.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The high up is also a good choice on a PCP because it depreciates less than the lower models giving it a better GFV. This means its monthly payments are not that much higher than the move up payments in relation to what you get for the money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we went down the dealer today and have put down a deposit for our high up!

Have been very lucky as they had one in the spec we wanted sitting in the showroom with 8 miles on the clock!

Picking it up on Wednesday as soon as they have registered it! Very excited!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well, I Think you can't get better than that. Be excited, as they are Great Cars.

Welcome and enjoy.

Wednesday...Come on.

Enjoy
Go well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a 3dr high up a few weeks ago, it has a sunroof, which really is great.
The colour is black, with black seats and piano black gloss finish on the dash.
The best feature is the heated seats, which have been a real benefit these cold mornings!
I was going to get the auto, but read so many negative reviews, decided on the manual, which is no slouch around town.
If your not px'ing, try drive the deal, they were great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts