Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my UP for 4 days now and I am very happy with it indeed, it meets all my expectations....
except........

The standard sound package. Its horrible ! its sounds just awful. So my advice is even if your not going to get any other extras, please please please makes sure you order the extra sound pack at just an extra £100s. I certainly regret not ordering it.

Other than that the car is fab.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Catmandoes said:
I have had my UP for 4 days now and I am very happy with it indeed, it meets all my expectations....
except........

The standard sound package. Its horrible ! its sounds just awful. So my advice is even if your not going to get any other extras, please please please makes sure you order the extra sound pack at just an extra £100s. I certainly regret not ordering it.

Other than that the car is fab.

Agree totally, the problem is the sound pack is not available with the Take Up! Grrr so I intend to fit some two way speakers to replace the poor sounding single cone units. Just trying some £10 Maplin two way speakers to begin with.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's fine for me, as I'm the only person in the car. I use it in factory default mode - no mucking about with the bass and treble. And I do have a good home system, if a little elderly, apart from the Nagra - Townsend Rock turntable with Rega RB300 arm and Lyra Lydian cartridge, Naim pre and power amps, Naim CDX, Naim Allae speakers, Nagra LB recorder, etc.

Nick

·
Registered
112 Posts
I personally find the standard sound absolutely fine, although perhpaps it depends upon what you've been used to. I had originally ordered a car with the sound pack, but then opted for one already built without the sound pack to avoid a long wait. Before doing this though I went to the dealers armed with a couple of cds, and I had a good listen to the radio/cd in a demo car without the sound pack.

So I'm quite happy without it, but having said that, if I was placing a factory order, I would still order it, as it's daft not to for £100!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've only got one CD and it sounds fine through the standard system. When I get tired listening to Sidney Devine I resort to Radio 2, which again sounds ok through the FM radio.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I never heard the standard system so can't comment, I just trusted the comments from forum members and ordered the upgrade

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
way hey, another Naim fan.....got to meet Julien a few times before he died...a man with a passion, Paul too, had lunch round at pauls house with tunes supplied by his DBL six-pack system...WOW!!!!

re sound pack........well worth it...its not hifi but better than your average car sound. think a speaker upgrade might be a good idea but hardly worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts