Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
500 miles on the clock and I hear a shriek from my wheel. Knew at once I had a stone in the brake. Called the RAC and only just had time to fetch a coffee from MacDonalds across the road before they arrived. He even picked the right wheel first time! He told me stones will often drop out if you reverse, which I didn't know, never having had it happen before. I was happy to tick outstanding on his customer satisfaction survey!

·
Registered
619 Posts
If reversing does not shift it, sometimes just waiting until the brake disk cools can help. Anyway, it's great that the RAC responded so quickly and did not keep you hanging about.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Excellent service from the RAC. Hope VW's own roadside cover is just as efficient if I have need of it in the next year.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I think VW assist is run by the RAC

·
Registered
956 Posts
SiJ2000 said:

Even better, thanks SiJ2000

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clowesa said:
SiJ2000 said:

Even better, thanks SiJ2000 
Yup, dial the number on the back of you tax disk holder (unless you've changed it for something flashy!) and they connect you to the RAC.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I really must put that number in my phone, as I ditched the tax disc holder when I got home

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I'll get VWAssist with the new UP, but already have RAC... Have never used it though!

Only when the EGR Valve in the touran cracked and it had to be towed to dealer! They came very quickly, but even someone at Citygate stayed a bit late so they could book it in after closing when I arrived!!

Good service all round!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts