Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All being well I'll be collecting my Groove Up on Saturday.

Yippee.

The dvla have sent the dealer a new tax disc for my part ex so as soon as the V5 arrives I'm ready for lift off.

Slight sense of trepidation now....I've been reading this board for too long! Will it rattle and squeak? Will I break down? Will something fall off? Or will all be well?

I've owned VWs and Audis for years and none had ever been a moments trouble. I hope and expect my Up to be the same.

Excited now I must admit.

The only small issue is my chrome strips a la White/black. One side has arrived, the other side is en route from Germany! They'll put them on whenever but it would be nice if they're there.

Check back for the next instalment and picturesEdited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You will find the steering pulls to one side, the gearbox will clank when you change gear, assuming you can change gear as it will often stick, the sun roof will leak (and you didn't even realise you had a sun roof), road noise in the rain will be high due to no wheel linings, your 3rd child will not be able to fit in with the rest of your family, the brake disks will bind having warped while racking up delivery mileage, and you will only get 35 mpg.

Or perhaps you'll love it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I think you will love it when you get it back to Tracy island.
F.A.B.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Derkie54 said:
I think you will love it when you get it back to Tracy island.
F.A.B.
I'm planning to get a smoke machine and play the theme music when I drive out of my garage

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leif said:
You will find the steering pulls to one side, the gearbox will clank when you change gear, assuming you can change gear as it will often stick, the sun roof will leak (and you didn't even realise you had a sun roof), road noise in the rain will be high due to no wheel linings, your 3rd child will not be able to fit in with the rest of your family, the brake disks will bind having warped while racking up delivery mileage, and you will only get 35 mpg.

I forgot about the sunroof!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Scrubnut said:
Leif said:

I forgot about the sunroof!
You will of course film the event, including you walking in an odd jerky manner with your hands held out at waist height ...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Will Parker be driving ?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Derkie54 said:
Will Parker be driving ?
Although I have my other half and my sister on the insurance...barring emergencies the only driver will be me!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tick tock....10am tomorrow. I hope it hasn't rusted away while I've been waiting

·
Registered
448 Posts
It will be a pile of debris on your drive.

You know me...just joking

Go well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lucky you Scrubnut!
With a bit of luck, mine will be built next week.
I've half a mind to go to Bratislava and fetch it!!!
The suspense is killing me!
Love the sense of humour in this forum.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There will be pictures of me broken down at the side of the road to follow.....wish me luck....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
957 Posts
Very smart............was it worth the wait ?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent.

Further reports etc later. My ears are ringing a bit.....sub is not some weedy effort it's the size of the spare wheel well. Joy.

The dealership were excellent. Peter Cooper Southampton. Flowers and a teddy bear too. Well done Wayne and Guy.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First day of ownership and I've been driving around the countryside. The ride is better than my Mini on run flat tyres. I've got my head round M&M now and it works well....I downloaded safety cams and got the bargain map upgrades.

It's fab so far and it's still going strong after 43 miles

My only complaint so far is that the coloured ring on the gearknob is a different shade of orange to the stitching in the gater. Oh, and I have a slightly dribbly rear washer.

Otherwise it's all good and I like it more than the mini already.Edited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
957 Posts
Good to hear that you are pleased with the car.

I had a dribbly rear washer when I first had mine, I did nothing about it but it seems ok now........ no dribble !

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today's news.....

Thought I'd go for a drive about today...I did not break down although I did discover a finger mark on the shiny dash. Luckily I had the correct equipment to hand to refurbish it

I spent an hour reading the manual. I didn't realise there was a comprehensive load of data that can be displayed on the speedo? I have digital speed now just like my old mini. Excellent!

This really does seem a lot of car for the money now I've poked about looking at the quality.Edited by: Scrubnut

1 - 20 of 42 Posts