Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new boot light.

Got it from Ikea, two for a fiver. It's battery operated and PIR activated for 30 seconds, so comes on when the boot is opened.

I made the clip out of a hollow plastic tube that I had in my junk box of things that may come in useful.. Lol
It fits over the bag hook in the boot and is a nice tight fit. I just superglued the clip to the back of the light.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supermegamonkee said:
Passive infrared, picks up movement. Like a house alarm sensor.
I think it picks up changes in heat, so in theory, it won't keep lighting up with things moving around in the boot if they are all the same temperature.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I just bought the Phillips ones in black, haven't put them in yet, but tried them in the kitchen, motion sensor and daylight sensor.

You did get a bargain there though, well done and matching colour

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thats a good idea, i had issues when i got home very late one night and the street lights were out, couldnt see where i was walking, let alone what i got out of the boot!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
no, no boot light as standard but these wee philips ones are excellent, esp if you live in the sticks like me with no street lights, just the stars for company!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you have a link to that ikea light? I looked in their catalogue and don't see it. It annoys me because how can they supply that to UK and miss out Sweden alltogether!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just found the light when I was walking round the store..
When I get home, I will look to see if they have a code printed on the product and let you know.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The code is 801.851.27. Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The Phillips are the ones I have and are different to the ikea ones

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just ordered one of the Philips units after my wife complained how dark the boot was when she had the Up! all last week.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I bought one of the Philips lights (Philips Spoton Ultra) as well - you don't know you need a light in the boot until your car does not have one!

I purchased my light from Amazon. I think the price was £6.99 and it seemed like a good buy. Once I get my car back from the garage (water leak) I will try it out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got a Phillips one from the internet, but although it is fitted I haven't seen it work yet. Maybe I should go out and see if it works now that it is dark. Nah it's raining. By the way I have had it a couple of months since reading about them on here."Don't laugh at me 'cos i'm a fool". as Norman Wisdom used to sing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts