Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellows of this club,
my dad had in his Tiguan (2012) one specific function that I loved! When you select on mirror control panel passanger mirror and select reverse gear, the mirror tilts down to see the curb. My question is, is there anybody who tried to get this function on up! GTI?

·
Registered
239 Posts
You're in big trouble if you cannot parallel park an Up :)
It's a great function that allows you to park close to the kerb without scuffing those alloys. Have it on my Passat and it gives me joy every time I use it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Also hard to do - unless you've gone mad with tyre/wheel combinations! :)
Tell that to my wife! She used to be a master at "touch parking" (alloy wheel scuffing). My dad still is but he just disrespects cars in general.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't think the auto mirror tilt is possible on an Up. Sadly the convenience control on these cars is either very basic or non existent.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Tell that to my wife!
Hah! Well, us folk in the cheaper rides have tyres that stick out beyond the rims!

For those in flashier cars, or just with very low profile tyres, I saw somewhere some 'rim guards' but I have no idea how effective they are, or whether they look a bit sad when fitted....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nah... just asking to get this stupid answers, its Friday fun time
Just joking - gadgets like this are always fun.

This thread reminds me of my old Leon.

A few years back I got a brand new Diesel Leon FR, in white with black alloys (59 plate iirc) the one that looked good before they made it boring again. Anyway the first weekend I had it my Mrs took it into Edinburgh with my mum and they returned with two scuffed alloys and the rear view mirror hanging off.

Three weeks later she put petrol in it by accident.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts