Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody im Andy from county durham been a vw fan for years and am currently running a silver 51 plate beetle but the time has come for a change (fuel prices crippling me) so am hoping to order my up! within the next couple of months looking at getting a high up cant wait

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome Andy from a fellow County Durham man (well South Shields was part of the county when I was born) & I lived in Durham City for 3 years (where our daughter was born) before relocating to Kent 20 years ago. Folks are still in Shields so up there at least four times a year. Next journey north will be in an Up!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
order your up sooner rather than later, as there is quite a wait for them to arrive!

·
Registered
144 Posts
welcome to da forum im sure ull be makin an awsome choice however i do agree wit willowaz to order asap i heard orders taken now will arrive sept

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Take the plunge. We visited the showroom just before the order books opened and have waited til this week to order. Traded in a 51 plate Beetle too for the same reasons. Now got a 12 week wait though

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well went to my local vw dealer and was disgusted by there smug attitudeand the offer they gave me for my beetle was pathetic
sorry to say i am no longer a vw owner and will not be going back

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
please dont let one dealership put you off getting an up! what happened to put you off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just didnt like there our cars are better than anybody elses attitudeyou will not get any deals the price you see is the price you pay
and to offer me £1100 for my immaculate 51 plate beetle with less than 50000 miles and full vw history
they were just taking the mick
i had already been offered £2000 at three other manafacturers
so by by vw

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh dear, I understand what you mean. They were a little like that with me a first because I'm quite young they thought they could say things and I wouldn't understand, that soon changed as we knew more than they did!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get in the end?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Omg that is bad, we were initially offered £1500 for our 51 beetle with over 91k without them looking at it. Got them up to £1900 in the end.Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
id complain to VW uk about their attitude about it all, and before you definatly decide on another manufacturer, maybe try another vw dealer?

i can see where youre coming from, mine were tiny bit off to start with, but theyve been brilliant now

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Andy and welcome. I'm half County Durham (mum was born in Shildon & I still spend loads of time there and at Bishop Auckland with relatives).

Like the others have said, don't wait too long before ordering, I ordered mine on 23rd March and was originally given an estimated delivery of 30 July!! Spoke to the dealer this week though and now been told build week 20 so should have it by mid June. Can't wait.

·
Registered
421 Posts
willowaz said:
id complain to VW uk about their attitude about it all
With the experience I've had with VW UK today, I wouldn't be confident that they would do anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:punctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

<!--> am glad to hear that, VW need to wake up to how dreadful
some of their dealers are. I have been and still am a VW owner and have
been for over 30 years. Less than
helpful dealers have been a problem for decades however some dealers are so arrogant
these days that I am happy to not have to bother with them at the moment. I ended up buying a Volvo three years ago but
am now considering a new car. The
problem is that there is so much choice out there. I will consider the UP because
I like small cars but I will also look at another C30, an astonishingly good
car, as well as a Skoda, a Mini and a Sirocco.
VW please pay attention; people do have other choices.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ZumbaQueen said:
With the experience I've had with VW UK today, I wouldn't be confident that they would do anything.
why what have they been doing now?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts