Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long wait but finally it's time's up!

Be sad to see my Polo SE go
but am very excited about the new one
. Collection time is noon so just a few more hours left.

It's a grey and wet and miserable morning so pictures may have to wait, but I'll post some as soon as I can.

Time to start thumb-twiddling.......

·
Registered
727 Posts
I can hear the pacing from here..!

Have fun

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I will!

Still slightly bemused at the level of excitement generated by the up! I've had new cars before but I've never been aware of such passion for a new model of VW.

It's all good though and tyhe forum (the first I've ever joined) has been fun and informative.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pah!! Rain has moved from heavy to torrential but I still don't care. Just have to play 'indoors' with Maps + More

·
Registered
467 Posts
I bet You already got so far with maps and more, that even opened user manual, because all buttons have been already tried out.

It would be so , if I would be in Your pace

·
Registered
655 Posts
Enjoy and lets hope the sun comes out...I recall the same weather a month or so ago when I got mine. But no amount of weather can spoil the great feeling of seeing the new car

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least I'll get to check out the wipers

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hope the weather clears up for you later but even if it doesn't, I don't think you'll care really. Have fun

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You will have to just drive around instead of taking photos. Shame

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Three hours to go.....not that I'm watching the clock or anything

·
Registered
956 Posts
So, you're picking it up at High Noon, you'll have to call it Gary Cooper

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not too long now.........just an hour! Still raining though
...pics will have to wait.

·
Registered
956 Posts
whassup said:
clowesa said:
So, you're picking it up at High Noon, you'll have to call it Gary Cooper
Or maybe stick up!

Even better

Finally had some news. Boomer's on a ship on his way over here. Hopefully should be in the UK by the weekend so may be ready to collect next week or the week after at the latest. About time too

·
Registered
619 Posts
whassup said:
Oh I will!

Still slightly bemused at the level of excitement generated by the up! I've had new cars before but I've never been aware of such passion for a new model of VW.

It's all good though and tyhe forum (the first I've ever joined) has been fun and informative.

I've only bought one new car in the past, a Renault Clio, and can't say there was much interest or excitement when the 2007 model was introduced. I don't remember much discussion on the Renault forums either, although there was concern aboutreplacing the headlight bulbs!

Perhaps, the Up harks back to the days of the Beetle ("car for everyman") - or should that be the designs by Josef Ganz, upon which the Beetle is based.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Ganz

Edited by: luckyjimmy

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aw that's great news
. Mine was whisked to the dealer almost as soon as it arrived. Dundee dealer doesn't take long - veedub-ally's car is arriving today and he can pick it up tomorrow!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Blimey, that really is quick. I'll keep my fingers crossed for next week then hopefully.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts