Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my windows tinted, lightest at the front, darker on the sides and darkest on the back which is somehow darker than the glass? but looks amazing at night

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi

Is this something that is available in lots of garages, and roughly how much does it cost?

It looks fantastic by the way.

Kevin

·
Registered
956 Posts
Looks fantastic carpy, I'd also be interested to know what the cost is for this.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm wondering how often you'll be stopped by the police and if your insurer will cover you in the event of an accident.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks great - the back ones are fine as dark as you want, its just the front you need to worry about if VW already tint them a little.

Another one to add to my Mod-to-do list?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Why? What's wrong with driving in daylight? You have efficient sun visors and air conditioning. Is it because you don't want to be recognised?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
looks good, but i agree, i think youre gonna be stopped by the police and potentially have insurance issues if you have an accident as the front ones are pretty dark!

again, looks great tho!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone - cost £120 for the whole car and the front ones are legal and much much lighter out side canbarelysee the tint, The reason why I had this done is because it looks nice and I'm planning on having the roof black which will look amazing along with back window. Also Ihaven'tbeen stopped yet and drove past loads even parked next some. And no I'm not a drug dealer lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also this where I had it done
http://www.mmdworks.com/he gives you a big discount if you add him on facebook, also google window tinting in your local area to find someone near you. Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Is it a film or sprayed on to the glass? Looks great

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks Great

That's the same Red and looks just like my baby 'Take up!' .

I keep considering painting the wheel covers gloss black while leaving the raised VW logo as silver.. and painting the lower 1/3rd door section ( The section that isdelineatedfrom the upper door by the horizontal run line ) also gloss black. A black roof will look good too.

Let us have photos of your black roof if/when you get it sprayed.

Dave

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
umm the darkest at the back, slightly lighter on the back side windows i think 70% and the lightest on the front side 30% i think to make it blend in better :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my up! On the 26th of December and I can't wait for it, I'm picking it up on 1st of march. I am thinking of tinting the windows but how is it done and once it's done can it be put back to normal ? I also want to get some nice wheels but not sure what size they would be.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 39 Posts