Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has any up! tips, then post them on this thread..
I shall kick things off with a summer tip I found by accident last night..

I was missing having cool air on my face from the regular placed center air vent that is not on an up! (The up!does haveone but you can't direct it)

I tried directing the air from the right hand vent directly to my face, but it just made my hand cold..

By accident, I discovered that if you point the vent towards the drivers window at about 45°, it bounces air off the window intoyour face... (and helps to keep the mist off the drivers window)

The effect was just right!

I am now a happy chappy!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Great idea Alex, there must be loads of little things like this that up! owners will be picking up on.

If only I had my up! so I could post on here

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
dont know if its a tip or not, but if you have a double layer boot like in the high up, and have anything in the boot you dont want on show, you can hide it in the lower level...

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've just discovered that you can use the forward and back buttons for the CD player for switching songs when playing from my iPhone!!

I was actually amazed!! Simple things for simple minds

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just to be a smart arse I discovered that if the iPhone is connected via bluetooth then u can use siri and it plays through the car...pretty cool!

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you have an Android smartphone, you can download a Shoutcast internet radio app. Then you connect the phone to the Aux. connection via cable or perhaps blue tooth(not tested) on the radio and listen to radio stations for anywhere in the world. If you listen to talk radio, like I do, you will not use so much data.

I use "A Online Radio".
Edited by: alodk

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great tips so far ....

·
Registered
677 Posts
MarkyMark said:
Just to be a smart arse I discovered that if the iPhone is connected via bluetooth then u can use siri and it plays through the car...pretty cool!

Yeah but dont you find Siri to be really faint and crackly? I just use the on board voice recognition. Its slightly better! Not so good at taking addresses though!

·
Registered
677 Posts
EEEEE new trick just discovered!! Remember I said you could go forward and backwards with the CD controls for the maps and more music, well see if you just down the right twisty dial ... that skips forward a track on the maps and more!!

Pure amazed!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hahah i discovered this also a week ago and makes i so much easier to change track or radio station whilst on the move! The thing i haven't figured is how to use voice control whilst in an active sat nav guidance. The book says u hover ur hand over the screen but i will be damned if i see what it means!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Craig200588 said:
I've just discovered that you can use the forward and back buttons for the CD player for switching songs when playing from my iPhone!!

I was actually amazed!! Simple things for simple minds
Is that using Bluetooth or the aux in? Sounds good whatever! I'm loving these tips

·
Registered
315 Posts
I found out it is easy to forget and leave your parcel shelf/boot lid in the upright position when you drive away. This then necessitates an unscheduled stop to go to the rear of the car and put it down. You still have a view through your rear window but certainly not a full view. Awkward in heavy traffic etc. So a good tip, think and observe properly,before driving off.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bingalau said:
I found out it is easy to forget and leave your parcel shelf/boot lid in the upright position when you drive away. This then necessitates an unscheduled stop to go to the rear of the car and put it down. You still have a view through your rear window but certainly not a full view. Awkward in heavy traffic etc. So a good tip, think and observe properly, before driving off. 
I keep doing that... I may get a long stick in the car so I can poke it...

·
Registered
208 Posts
LOL :) Yes, I do notice it before I drive away, but I still have to get out of the car again, need one of those sticks!

·
Registered
315 Posts
We shall all have to get in to the habit of double checking before we drive off. I've got a good excuse, my brain is addled.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not a tip or trick as such. Rained tonight and I noticed the wipers switch to intermittent whe you stop at traffic lights, and when you pop it in reverse the rear wiper starts up to clear the rear window. Not earth shattering but darned clever all the same. Big car functionality in small car pricing, I like it!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Maybe we shouldrename this thread as a"Discovery and Tips" thread. We all seem to be discovering things about the car itself. I know a lot of the items discovered so far are included in the manuals, but sometimes that is like reading the small print in a long winded lawyer's warnings leaflet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thedoor frames are pretty wide, and you can buy an original protection for the upper part, but the lover part of the door frame is NOT protectet when you are getting in and out you car, if your shooes are filled with sand or mud
you can scratch the paint. Not that i drag mud into my car, but you get my drift.
Thats why i have protectet my door frames with carbon stickers, it protects and looks pretty god!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
That looks really good. Where do you get the sill protectors from and can you get them for the 5 door Up?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts