Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having reading a lot of interesting stuff about washing and detailing on this board, I'm wondering whether to have my new car Autoglymed when it arrives.

There is a mobile Dodo Dad near me who can give the car the full treatment (paint cleaning, waxing etc) for less than VW want for Lifeshine. I'm wondering what would give the car the best start.

Any advice?Edited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
587 Posts
Lifeshine or Supagard for that matter is best brought of of eBay for a few pounds and done yourself. As is pretty much the same as applying wax. It is just a sealant though and no 'wonder' product although will help the paint keep its factory finish. Up to the last car I have used Lifeshine then applied a coat of AG High Definition wax. My latest car I have gone for Supagard and used Demon shine, which has given me the same results lustre wise and no difference in needing properties. Also makes for a much easier cleaning routine.

·
Registered
448 Posts
We have Autoglym lifeshine,done by the dealer, and I must say I am very pleased with it.The dealer applied treatment also includes the inside.Seats and carpets are treated so any spillage" beads" off and does not soak in and stain.You also get a huge holdall of Autoglym products.Just don't pay what the dealer askes. Use it as a final bargaining point to clinch the deal for them. Worked for me.

Go well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wouldn't pay Volkswagen £200 to Lifeshine a car. Or should I say I haven't. A friend got me some Supaguard so going to give that a try to see how it works. Normally I'd just go SRP then HD Wax.

·
Registered
448 Posts
As I said....nor would I.

Go well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's £395 I think......Autoglym will come and do at my house for £180!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The lifeshine guarantees are very, very good. But it's a rip off for a sealant.
I'd be tempted to just see your DAD instead :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes...I looked in the link in the washing thread. Sounds very good to me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wouldn't pay Volkswagen to wash my car... Let alone apply any products.

The steps I have taken on my car cost about half the price of life shine and give much better results.

I first washed the car with dish soap to take off all previous wax and get it down to bare clear coat. I then clayed the whole car, and the. Washed again using a normal car soap. I then used mirror gloss finish to take out any very fine swirl marks. I then used a sealant. Finallly I used a spray carnauba wax to give a great shine.

For the seats I went on eBay and bought two cans of superguard fabric protectant.

I'm currently by a pool in Italy so can't add any pictures or names of products but they were all chemical guys products, but if wanted I can do a post on my detailing procedure if people would like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts