Up Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of background first, after 50+ years of many cars and motorcycles of every conceivable type and genre and like so many others the past eighteen months have caused a significant shift in how one views many aspects of life and also sadly having observed the deterioration in many peoples behaviour several changes have now been made. The motorcycles have gone, the expensive car has also gone having taken advantage of the current ridiculous prices being paid for high spec recent upmarket cars at the moment, An Up Gti is on order and just placing the order has immediately turned me into a big kid again. Seriously I am more excited and looking forward to its delivery than any automotive event than I can remember. Having eagerly devoured everything in print relating to the car, I firmly believe that this little gem could be the car to supply oodles of pleasure and the vehicle to hang onto for the long term. My thoughts are that over the course of the next ten years plus there will be many false dawns and expensive blind alleys on the motoring front. This brings me in a very roundabout way to my question. As a long term ownership proposition is it worth getting the full Waxoyl treatment.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Great choice of car that I’m sure you’ll enjoy driving . Had mine 2 1/2 years from new and it’s a hoog
The answer to your question regarding wax oil treatment imho is no.
The car doesn’t need it and if you really want to do it there’s better stuff out there like Bilt hamber dynex UC .
I’ve read wax oil can trap moisture and make things worse.

Reactions: Starlight

·
Registered
21MY Kings Red Up! GTI
32 Posts
Great choice of car that I’m sure you’ll enjoy driving . Had mine 2 1/2 years from new and it’s a hoog
The answer to your question regarding wax oil treatment imho is no.
The car doesn’t need it and if you really want to do it there’s better stuff out there like Bilt hamber dynex UC .
I’ve read wax oil can trap moisture and make things worse.
Exactly this. Cars factory anti corrosion coatings and aftermarket variants have come on a long way since Waxoyl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts