Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UP! no1 going in for new discs/pads/steering rack/mountings as all knackered!..wonder what courtesy car I'll get???

on the plus side, VW agreed to cover all the rack/mountings and 70% of discs and pads so total cost to me will be around £70 their argument is the 32,000 miles I've done...personally I think they are being very fair.

will report back when I pick it up on Sat.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got her back, brilliant job, transformed the handling ( new steering rack ) , cured all the rattles and fully valeted too

Top marks Ingram VW of Ayr....know how to keep a customer pleased!

Ps, loan car was a new polo 1.2 s, nice solid car but a dog of an engine....Up is so much better!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alan, the polo is a much more substantial car and with a more powerful engine would be great, just not the 60bhp , poverty spec basic model!..... Now thinking the polo GT or GTI might be a whole load of fun!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AlanG said:
I keep saying to myself that small, ultra light cars are the future. £20 annual tax is awesome.
Totally Agree. , compared to that polo, my up seemed so much more alive.......just sorry the up GT was canned, it would have ticked all my requirement boxes!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Just got her back, brilliant job, transformed the handling ( new steering rack ) , cured all the rattles and fully valeted too

Top marks Ingram VW of Ayr....know how to keep a customer pleased!

Ps, loan car was a new polo 1.2 s, nice solid car but a dog of an engine....Up is so much better!
Glad to you had a good outcome. Nice to hear.

Go well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts