Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm a newbie so apologies if I have posted in the wrong area.

I am 6 feet 6 inches tall and was wondering if I would be too tall for the entry level VW Up!

Any tall chaps that have struggled?

Any advice would be appreciated..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I reckon you might get away with it. I'm only 6ft1 but have space to spare so maybe you will too! Only one way to e sure and that's to go sit in one!

·
Registered
705 Posts
There's only one way to find out and that's to sit in one and see if the seat, seatbelt and steering wheel can be positioned correctly and comfortably for you. And then to see if your head doesn't brush the ceiling, which probably rules out the sun roof.

Nick

·
Registered
727 Posts
jmorley78 said:
I am 6 feet 6 inches tall and was wondering if I would be too tall for the entry level VW Up!

You could always order one with a sun roof..!

but seriously you'll probably have an extra centimetre or two of headroom with one.

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
304 Posts
6ft 3 and no problems for me, I always drive in the long arm, legs out position and have set my seat just right (seat and wheel as low as possible) feels great to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm 6'6" and I've had no problem sitting in one, how long in the leg/body you are might make a difference, I had the seat all the way back and had a bit of space above my head. Go give one a go.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
6'3" here and still headroom with seat at highest setting ( no sunroof )

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say that with 6'6" there is no way you'd fit a Take Up comfortably. As the seats are not height adjustable, you'd have to go to a Move Up or higher. I'm 6'3" and was not comfortable with non-height-adjustable seats.

Only way to really find out is try of course.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You could of course purchase the comfort pack for the Take up! Height adjustable seat comes with that along with electric windows and central locking

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 6ft 4 and I've found that there is more than enough room in my high up, I don't even need the seat as far back as it can go, which is a first.

Passengers behind my also have enough room for short journeys

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Im 6ft average build and im changin from my golf to a up! When i first sat in 1 i cant believe the amount of room is inside it feels so spacious even with my wife next to me. I cant wait to recieve it as its a 3 foor i wont be the pub driver anymore!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Old post, I know. But there are still tall people out there...

I an almost 6"7 and find myself rather comfortable in the Up!.
I tried the Peugeot 107 first, but found the steering wheel too low, colliding with my legs. So the Up! is better in that aspect (and lots of others!!!
)

I have the Up with adjustable seat height (not in the top position) and without sunroof.
When buying, I seriously considered a lightly used 2-door vehicle with sunroof. It was slight less overhead space, but I could put up with that. However, I ended buying a 4-door without sunroof instead. For the rare occasions when we are more than two in the car, but also since I have the habit of throwing in my bag in the backseat when I am at my own.

Two things about 2/4 doors, though:
+ The slightly smaller front door in the 4-door version is easier to open in narrow parking spaces.
- But another thing occured ""“ I found myself bumping my head in the doorframe now and then when entering or exiting, a problem that would not be present in the 2-door version.

Of course there is only one thing to do ""“ try! (As had been said...) If possible, try both 2- and 4-dorr versions.

Needless to say, I am not comfortable as a backseat passenger in the Up. (Legspace is okay, if the front seat is moved. But headspace is far too low.)

Edited by: Joop

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Joop.

I'm also 6'7" tall and my misses is 6'2". We opted for 2 doors version with the sunroof. It is a second car, so no one ever sat at the back :) and we never really considered 4 doors version just to have this great access for our heights.

I didn't really notice any difference in the headroom due to thebsunroof and the only thing I am missing is reach adjustable steering wheel. It was advertised as suitable for tall people at the end of the day :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, Afonja.Yes, there are moments I regret not choosing a 2-door. But there are pros and cons with everything.
And as a new UP! owner I am very satisfied, in all.

Glad to hear you and your ms are happy with yours aswell.

·
Registered
21 Posts
!

Actually, I tried a Fiat 126 just for fun once. I could actually wipe off the headlight with my hand. And I think it would be possible to drive with the head up throught the sunroof.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Now I feel really small.... I'm only 6ft 1in!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts