Up Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daft question I know so forgive me. When hunting for a missing book today I had occassion to lift the very bottom flap in the boot. I did not order the spare wheel but was surprised that there is not even a wheel spanner in the tool kit. All there seems to be is the inflation kit a wire to remove the hub cover and a towing eye. Is this the norm, would the spare wheel option include a jack and wheel spanner ?

What do others have lurking down the back ?

Still love my up! 53.6mpg cannot be bad

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
this was discussed on another thread yesterday, if you dont have the spare wheel, you just have the foam stuff to get to you a garage but means you can repair the tire, you have to get a new one no matter what.
if you have the spare wheel it comes with jack etc etc.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yep. Same as my 'Take up!' -- just the pressurised foam filler stuff, a tow ring and wheel cover puller wire.

No jack - dealer quotes £27-95 for jack !!

To but spare wheel now ( 1 week after sale ) quoted £105 !!

Dave

·
Registered
144 Posts
i wanted the spare tire aswell but my car was prebooked.
They gave me air compressor machine aswell as the tire repair kit and hooks.
I ordered from my local tire guy a rim n tire for £70 brand new and for the jack its the same one as the polo so ill be headin to the scrapyards on sat.Edited by: lilsumo

·
Registered
119 Posts
some one else on here said the wheel was a 4x100 pcd 35 is the for the road std wheel and the 4x100 pcd 57 is space saver

·
Registered
144 Posts
14in 4x100.00 x 57.00 ET: 35.00. the spacesaverand the spare tyre have the same fitting the 57 means the the centre hole size

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.