Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daft question I know so forgive me. When hunting for a missing book today I had occassion to lift the very bottom flap in the boot. I did not order the spare wheel but was surprised that there is not even a wheel spanner in the tool kit. All there seems to be is the inflation kit a wire to remove the hub cover and a towing eye. Is this the norm, would the spare wheel option include a jack and wheel spanner ?

What do others have lurking down the back ?

Still love my up! 53.6mpg cannot be bad

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
this was discussed on another thread yesterday, if you dont have the spare wheel, you just have the foam stuff to get to you a garage but means you can repair the tire, you have to get a new one no matter what.
if you have the spare wheel it comes with jack etc etc.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yep. Same as my 'Take up!' -- just the pressurised foam filler stuff, a tow ring and wheel cover puller wire.

No jack - dealer quotes £27-95 for jack !!

To but spare wheel now ( 1 week after sale ) quoted £105 !!

Dave

·
Registered
421 Posts
Stainless said:
To but spare wheel now ( 1 week after sale ) quoted £105 !!
Owwwwwwch! That's shocking

·
Registered
144 Posts
i wanted the spare tire aswell but my car was prebooked.
They gave me air compressor machine aswell as the tire repair kit and hooks.
I ordered from my local tire guy a rim n tire for £70 brand new and for the jack its the same one as the polo so ill be headin to the scrapyards on sat.Edited by: lilsumo

·
Registered
27 Posts
I didn't order spare wheel either. I was thinking of buying a 14" spacesaver from VW off eBay or from local scrap merchant. Does anybody know if it'll fit?

·
Registered
119 Posts
some one else on here said the wheel was a 4x100 pcd 35 is the for the road std wheel and the 4x100 pcd 57 is space saver

·
Registered
144 Posts
14in 4x100.00 x 57.00 ET: 35.00. the spacesaverand the spare tyre have the same fitting the 57 means the the centre hole size

·
Registered
49 Posts
vw polo, space saver, seems to fit ok

got jack and tools with it too! jack fits, looks bit funny on, probably never need the thing!

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi, yes it was a 2001 polo, £25 and £10 shipping off ebay, came with everything unused :) wish i had proper spare up! wheel though

·
Registered
128 Posts
cheers for that....starting to wish we had ordered the spare too. Never crossed my mind there would be no jack or wheel brace either. Started to build ours this week so no chance of adding it to order!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts