·
Registered
727 Posts
Yes (arrow is pointing at it).

·
Registered
956 Posts
Roadrunner said:
We have the optional spare wheel, which includes tools. Has anyone got a screwdriver with theirs?
Well that's interesting. Just checked mine and no, I don't have a screwdriver, or the other 2 things just above it in VWild1's pic (sorry, total numpty, no idea what they are).

Going to call my dealer tomorrow to see why they're missing.

Thanks for bringing this up Roadrunner, would never have thought of it otherwise

·
Registered
956 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
I don't know, but I can tell you tomorrow

17 hours and counting

·
Registered
467 Posts
Roadrunner said:
We have the optional spare wheel, which includes tools. Has anyone got a screwdriver with theirs?
you will get it only if the car is equiped with front fog lights! Seriously.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Other two things are a puller for the hubcap on the alloys and a locking wheel nut adapter , again for alloy wheels.

Don't waste your time with the rubbish tools , get a decent torque wrench and (thanks paul) a 17mm socket...thats the way to PROPERLY sort wheel nuts etc.

·
Registered
619 Posts
vwild1: Your car looks like is has a steel spare wheel - my car came with an alloy wheel, the same as fitted to the rest of the car. I'm beginning to think the spare wheel that I ordered has just been pulled off another car. The toolkit did not come in that polystyrene moulding either!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Jimmy, Lucky indeed....I thought all the 'full size spare' orders were steel wheels....nice one mate

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks Privatedoc - I'm not complaining mind you, I was just a bit puzzled. It kind of gives you an insight into how the motor trade works. The dealership assures you that a spare has been ordered but, it seems to me now, they didn't really order it. They just 'produced' one from somewhere just before I collected the car.

It was interesting also when the car was handed over, the salesman 'forgot' about the Maps & More unit that comes with the Up White. When I asked about it, it mysteriously appearedbut only after the salesman and his manager had a little confab, lasting a couple of minutes! Strange...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
whoops....dealer..this is your Ar5e and THIS is your elbow...now go and learn !

·
Registered
619 Posts
Privatedoc: Ahem...DG @ Ingrams, Ayr. Possibly just a mistake and I was very pleased with the service otherwise.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have alloys with a steel spare and all the bits and pieces

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Im going to order the spare wheel too...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i just think spare wheel means you dont ruin your tyre on ther car everytime having to use the foam stuff.... altho a rather ditzy friend at college informed me she had been driving her car with the foam in the tyre for the past 4-5months no problem lol

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
luckyjimmy said:
Privatedoc: Ahem...DG @ Ingrams, Ayr. Possibly just a mistake and I was very pleased with the service otherwise.  
Oops, mine too!....not like him, he's on the ball, known him for years...bought a merc from him in glen Henderson years ago.

Shhh don't tell him :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
willowaz said:
i just think spare wheel means you dont ruin your tyre on ther car everytime having to use the foam stuff.... altho a rather ditzy friend at college informed me she had been driving her car with the foam in the tyre for the past 4-5months no problem lol

Amazing, I didn't think that stuff would last 4-5 hours let alone 4-5months. I can't believe the tyre isn't totalled!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I know... she doesnt have any car sense what so ever... i told her she'd better go get a new tyre rather soon!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts