1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally see one on top gear

Big thumbs up from the hamster and the old one for the GT

and then another playingtennis with a citigo

waiting for ages then three in one show!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yes they were. The view was that the up is good and the GT should be a proper hot hatch. It will weigh similar to the original GTI with similar power.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I saw that too, Jeremy said oh yes we love the up!

This was from the current season - I think we are about 3rd or 4th episode in to the new season, really enjoyed it last night -
at the car for the elderly!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
5th episode, went out last night, available on iplayer...they are REALLY looking forward to the GT ...just like all of us!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
My eldest is currently learning to drive.,...as soon as he passes his test, he gets the white and I slap a deposit down on the GT! any excuse!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
And the Mrs likes the idea of the Cross up or even Taigun so son No. 2 turns 17 in 2.5 yrs and he will get the 5 door white letting her get whatever is about then.......as a family, we are addicted to ups...they just do everything so bloody well!

·
Registered
145 Posts
So..... anyone up! for a game of car tennis?? :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Clarkson said something along the lines of 'if you've ordered a Lamborghini, cancel it now. The Up GT will be more fun' and likened it to the original Golf GTi.

He also said the price would be around £13K. My next car is officially chosen.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If It's 13K I will plait fog.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Don't get excited. I watched the show last night. 1 picture of a GT, and then a minute or two of Clarkson and May playing car tennis, which was faked, of course.

Nick

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
592 Posts
Best Top Gear for a long time, especially the old fart's Fiat Multipla. The Up! GT shown was a VW concept for 2012 and not the actual finished car. Hopefully it will remain as is though, apart from those tartan seats maybe. The price of £13k will probably end up nearer the £14K mark as no indication as yet from VW when it will go on sale, although they have said that it will.

I am certainly in the market for one when available (even though I am an "oldish fart" myself at 60), as it reminds me of my Lupo Gti - one of the best fun cars I have owned. The wife's High Up! is ready for delivery on 1st March, so we to may be a 2 Up! family by year end - hurry Up! VW and release the GT please.

Edited by: Truth-seeker

1 - 20 of 31 Posts