Up Owners Club banner

Top speed

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  UPANDATEM 
#1 ·
Does anybody know what the top speed of a 60 Mii/UP! is? I have been on the motorway with my Mii today and tested its top speed, the book says 98 MPH but I reached that and would do much more?
Looking forward to hearing your replies!:)

#2 ·
Top speed on motorways and dual carriageways is 70 mph. On other roads top speed is 60 mph unless designated otherwise. š š 

#4 ·
If you are relying on the speedometer then it could be over-reading by up to 10% ie at 98 your speed would be about 90. If you go past actual speed of 100 and get caught you may not need the car for a period due to a ban so beware.

#5 ·
The top speed of 98mph will be at the max recommended rpm if you go beyond that you will be overreving the engine and the rev counter needle will be in the red zone.
Not recommended for long periods.
Edited by: Derkie54

#10 ·
Allybasher said:
I've seen an indicated 110 (on a private road with people in hi-viz vests and hard hats standing by with fire extinguishers in case Beevee reads this....)
Oh Nick you are a teaser. š§š¨š”

#12 ·
Depends on height of cliff and its wind resistance....work out its terminal velocity! :)

UP is about economy, not speed. ;-)

#13 ·
Privatedoc said:
UP is about economy, not speed.
I've just returned from an 84 mile round trip to Heathrow via A24 and M25. Daughter drove there (light traffic, so speeds up to 70 mph). I drove home - morning rush hour/M25 (say no more). Overall mpg? 66.5 mpg (indicated - so say 60 in real terms?) I would NEVER have believed I'd be so impressed with such a car!

#14 ·
Peter....How's this? I know it is not real-world.......my commute to work this morning at 6am using all my hypermiling tips....ie no lights, radio,aircon etc etc ...21 mile trip

#16 ·
Derkie54 said:
The top speed of 98mph will be at the max recommended rpm if you go beyond that you will be overreving the engine and the rev counter needle will be in the red zone.
Not recommended for long periods.

No, it won't.

During my trip to Germany I saw an indicated 110mph (satnav on phone confirmed this as 102mph). There appears to be an electronic limiter on the ECU as there was still plenty of throttle pedal travel and the engine RPM was around 4500, some 2000rpm away from the redline.

Try as I might I couldn't get that speedo above 110mph, so there's definitely a limiter on there.

#17 ·
shakotanVIP said:
Beevee said:
Top speed on motorways and dual carriageways is 70 mph. On other roads top speed is 60 mph unless designated otherwise. š š 

That's not what was asked, but thanks for the contribution grandpa.

You are so welcome Dan my child. If you had to clear up after speeding idiots you might not be so flippant.

#18 ·
Beevee said:
shakotanVIP said:
Beevee said:

That's not what was asked, but thanks for the contribution grandpa.

You are so welcome Dan my child. If you had to clear up after speeding idiots you might not be so flippant.

I still don't see how your post is relevant?

Firstly, if the poster had been Germany, he could drive as fast as he liked. So you wouldn't mind that? It's ok to drive fast in a country that allows you to drive more than 70mph legally?

Secondly, speed doesn't kill. Poor driving or driving outside of the road conditions does. There are idiot drivers who don't exceed the speed limt, and very good drivers who are quite safe at above motorways speeds.

However the media and Goverment seems insistant that the culprit is the speed of the driver, not the quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.