Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my High Up on the 1st April. Just been told that I'm build week 24 (ie next week). Should hopefully take delivery in 3 or 4 weeks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So if you ordered 1st April and I ordered 22nd April and we are both wk 24, then they are cramming 3 weeks' orders into one week's production run - or the demand for Up! models has started to slow?

Hmmm

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I ordered 12th may and just emailed my dealer for an update....still no sign of a build week...BAH!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless my garage didn't order when they said they did. They may have wasted a few days in giving me false hopes of being able to get their hands on one immediately. Was surprised when they even hinted at that! A few days later they said they couldn't get one after all and said I was looking at June. When pressed he said the beginning of June. May be he has something in common with a wooden doll whose nose grows!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Promise the earth, deliver nowt.......seems a common trait !.....why the **** can't VW let us track it online, hey, we can track a £2 parcel surely it cannot be that difficult to set a system up.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I ordered 12th may and just emailed my dealer for an update....still no sign of a build week...BAH!!!

I bought my car through Ingram's of Ayr but never received any info about a build week. I was a bit 'peeved' at the time when I read here that other dealships could supply this info within a week or two. Anyway, I was happy in the end because Ingrams managed to get me a car early - I was initially told delivery would be late June/early July.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Promise the earth, deliver nowt.......seems a common trait !.....why the **** can't VW let us track it online, hey, we can track a £2 parcel surely it cannot be that difficult to set a system up.

It would be interesting for customers to be able to track their cars right through manufacturing - perhaps a photo could be taken automatically at key stages. I don't see VW investing in this sort of thing thoughunless there was some sort of financial 'payback for the company'.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I was keen to have factory delivery of my previous mercedes cars but could never spare the time, it worked out roughly the same cost as the 'delivery' charge but got you a personal handover, factory tour etc etc as well as a couple of days trip to Germany No doubt they could sell you loads of 'extras/lifestyle stuff' at the same time....what really put me off though was the trip back to Scotland in an unfamiliar car on unfamiliar roads and with the steering wheel not best positioned for visibility :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Privatedoc: I would be keen on the factory delivery option myself. However, I would not like the trip backeither - it would be the thought of what I would be doing to the new engine (hours at motorway speeds) that would put me off.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Jimmy...we use the same dealers!, you may be close to my madhouse!

·
Registered
142 Posts
jules57 said:
I ordered my High Up on the 1st April. Just been told that I'm build week 24 (ie next week). Should hopefully take delivery in 3 or 4 weeks.

Hi Jules57 & welcome to the forum<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have also ordered (25/4/12, build week 25) a high up! in
Tornado Red so I am I am a little bias when I say excellent choice!

You will find lots of useful information on this forum plus friendly
members always willing to assist.

You may want to check out some of the maps and
more posts (plus you can down load the manual) to get up to speed on this
device before taking delivery of the car. I have just ordered a 32gb micro SD
card (to play via the M&M) to load up with music ready for the big day!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've gone for the red dash and Salsa upholstery too. Suppose I should start thinking about sound. I think I must be the only person who hasn't got around to getting an mp3 player yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
jules57 said:
I've gone for the red dash and Salsa upholstery too. Suppose I should start thinking about sound. I think I must be the only person who hasn't got around to getting an mp3 player yet.

You won't need one if you're getting M&M, just a micro SD card like idletony (and a reader if your pc/laptop doesn't have one built in - you can buy these together from amazon).

Download something like i-tunes (for free) and add your cd's. Transfer the whole lot (music library) across to the SD card and pop that in the M&M.

You'll be living la vida loca before you know it. Hopefully not upside down though.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome and again excellent choice!

i have had my high up in red for a week now and i still get excited everytime i get into it!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Loving the optimism on build week to delivery wait. Most people apparently have waited 3-4 weeks from build week and I'm begining to think that's from the end of the week not the start.

None of us week 21-ers have taken delivery yet and I was told it could be another 2 weeks last friday even though it's sat at the docks in the UK and has been since wednesday.
Not sure where wa76dy is Paulcharlotte but if it's in Emden you may well see it by the end of the month. Hope you're right and not me though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts