Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having a problem with the touch screen. It's ok when attached to car, but very unresponsive when not?

·
Registered
705 Posts
No problems with my unit. Works well both on and off the cradle.

Nick

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yeah... I have noticed that it seems to not like fat fingers!! Tapping with the side or tip seems much better!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Having already used a Navigon sat nav Im quite used to it. The M&M is more responsive than our old unit, which was/is quite unresponsive to touch sometimes.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
The M&M is more responsive than our old unit, which was/is quite unresponsive to touch sometimes.
Hmmm, I felt a joke coming on there, but managed to resist!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
SiJ2000 said:
bugbabe34 said:
The M&M is more responsive than our old unit, which was/is quite unresponsive to touch sometimes.
Hmmm, I felt a joke coming on there, but managed to resist!!

You must have much better self control than me then!!!

If it is unresponsive to the touch as it gets older it may need longer to warm up or just in need of a good cleanafter years of use.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I usually find as things get older they are far more responsive to the touch, too much so

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Can't wait! Lol

·
Registered
587 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
I usually find as things get older they are far more responsive to the touch, too much so

It must be greater sensitivity with age, its the unwanted pop up's that get me down.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Lol... what have started!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, unlike capacitive touch screens on smartphones, Navigon's resistivescreen requires a wee pressure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Try calibrating the screen, I had a few problems to begin with not being able to select things then i calibrated the screen and all was well. Its in one of the setting screens cant remember where at the moment as i am nowhere near the car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stumbled across it but made the world of difference, away at the moment until next week so cant check but have a hunt around as it is worth it if you do have - ahem - sensitivity issues!

·
Registered
705 Posts
From the Main Screen, click on NavigationClick on Options at the bottom of the screen
Click on Settings
Click on Optionsat the bottom of the screenagain
Select Touchscreen Calibration

Not the easiest of things to find as it's not obvious why they've put it in as part of the Navigation system.

And after running a word search in the User manual, it's not listed at all under either Touchscreen or Calibration!

Nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts