Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has this problem or can help, but when touching the Maps and More to select something I have to touch to the right hand side of it.

For example when putting in a Postcode on the sat nav, i have to press the letter next to the one I want, its very annoying and starting to grate on me now.

Can you reconfigure the touch screen?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'd say I have an accuracy rate of around 50 - 75% when using my finger to 'type' on the screen - but that's also true with my Sansung Galaxy Ace (unless I enlarge the screen - which then creates its own problems as far as readable area.. I'm always getting the box or letter/number beside the one I want when I use my finger. I find the answer is to use a stylus (as my wife does for her iPad.)
Another problem I have with M&M is that sometimes a light touch is not enouch - more a heavy 'press'.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sounds like you need to carry out touchscreen calibration. In navigation mode go to options/settings/options and choose touchscreen calibration. Carry out the calibration set up.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi all. It made a big difference to the accuracy of my touch inputs on the M&M unit. Run the Touch Calibration and try to be as accurate as possible when directed to the "Touch Points". Then you shouldn't suffer with the touch offset. Don't worry if you don't get it right first time, you can run the calibration program as many times as you like.

I hope this helps.

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having big problems with the touch screen on my navigon maps and more. I have just followed the instructions ie navigation, options, settings, options closed down then reset to factory settings. The touchscreen works perfectly now. Thank you
Edited by: Jansald

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
are the other VW screens ie in double din slots like golf , new polo etc capacitive or resistive????

·
Super Moderator
1,084 Posts
upmancotswolds said:
yeah I have to say it's pretty poor that VW couldn't give us a capacitive touch screen (literally touch like smartphones/tablets rather than the 'press the screen' resistive type) as it's not like they're a new thing anymore.

minor grumble over!

I think this comment is a little unfair on VW as they don't make the maps & more, Garmin do!

·
Registered
171 Posts
well ultimately we're buying the car off VW...and in any case all of garmins own navigation systems have come with proper capacitive touchscreens for the past couple of years. They also supply systems to many other manufacturers, and if the likes of suzuki are getting capacitive touchscreens off garmin then I don't see why the Up didn't!

obviously not a deal breaker or anything like that (looking forward to collecting my up very soon) but I do stand by the original comment!

Edited by: upmancotswolds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts