Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being allegedly one of the more lazy persons, at least according to one friend of mine, I've got a TPMS to avoid the need to check tires manually

Tyredog TD1300A-X WTPMS (wireless) for 5 wheels, bought online at Aliexpress. One of the less expensive and smaller systems, it seemed a good match for up! It's really easy to install even for a total newbie like me. It takes just a couple of minutes to insert batteries into sensors and screw them onto tire valves. The central unit I've placed on the large empty metal part of dashboard, near climate controls. It's very small, about 1/4 of a mobile phone, and therefore doesn't make interior feel cramped.

More or less, everything just works when turned on. Alarms for low pressure etc. are easy to adjust; first button goes through various settings, second and third increase/decrease value of current setting. I've had no problems with wireless transmission, all tires reported meaningful values immediately after screwing the sensors on (some reviews say one needs to drive a couple of hundred meters before sensors start reporting).

At least according to online reviews, sensors should last reasonably long time and should be resistant to moisture and dirt. Central unit is well made with thick plastics to protect the display.
The manufacturer exists for several years and gets reasonably good reviews; replacement sensors are available; all kinds of batteries being used are easy to find.

Minor complaints:
<ul>[*]got no batteries for central unit; got only for 4 batteries (... for 5 sensors)
[*]numbers on LCD screen quickly fade out when looked at under an angle[*]manual is a low quality photocopy, suggesting they cut costs maximally wherever possible (but all the text and drawings are perfectly visible)
[/list]

Edited by: ptae2000e

·
Registered
430 Posts
Pressure gauge and foot pump for me although it does sound a decent system. I know some factory fitted units (especially my friends BMW) can be troublesome and annoying by throwing up a warning light that won't go away even when tyres are correct pressure!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Are tyredog systems available in uk?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen them on amazon.co.uk. Somewhat more expensive than aliexpress, but, I suppose, with a warranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would like such a system but the price is out of my league.
Instead I ordered these - 4 PCS 28-48 PSI Tire Pressure Monitor Valve Stem Cap Sensor Indicator Alert - from ebay. They came from Taiwan, cost $3.99 (about £2.40) and I would recommend them. The downside is they took 2 to 3 weeks to come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts