Up Owners Club banner

181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Given current world events it’s likely the arse will drop out of the car market. Just checked and my WBAC valuation has dropped from £11k to £8k overnight. Guess I’m keeping it for the foreseeable!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Last week WBAC was offering £9835,today it’s £7875.
Last week Auto Trader was offering £10760,today it’s £10810.As I have said before,where do they get these figures from.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Market forces and WBAC will have a mountain of debt. They'll cynically profiteer from people in difficulty:-(
The entire PCP market was already built on sand and the next financial disaster waiting to happen. Before all this.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Would imagine car dealers are struggling a bit at the moment,might even be a good time to buy,must be some good deals to be made ?.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Likely to be a shortage of new stock in the future if car manufactures have a sustained period of closure. Good used vehicles will likely see good residuals, but rather not spend too much time needlessly thinking about it, more concerned about my dwindling beer stocks in my garage. Shelves are being cleared of booze today after pub closures announced yesterday!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
more concerned about my dwindling beer stocks in my garage. Shelves are being cleared of booze today after pub closures announced yesterday!!
Patience my man. All the major brewing firms will be shifting from barrels to bottles as all pubs, clubs and restaurants are now shut. Probably take a week or two to catch up. The Government has designated beer a category 1 product (essential to the nations welfare) so there should be no supply issues.

Can't wait? Then buy a pump, what ever gas and pipework you need and get yourself a barrel from the landlord(lady) of the local pub. Then fill yer boots!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Couldn't happen to a nicer business
Why do you say that? I used to always sell my cars privately, as I keep them in very good condition. But in recent years WBAC has saved me the hassle of tyre kickers, and any offers I have received have been excellent, and on some occasions more than I would have expected to get in a private sale.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Short term used values will be increasing. Loads of people wanting to buy used cars at the moment to avoid using public transport and getting the 'rona. Lots of people downsizing to city cars, so good news for sellers of ups, miis and citigos.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Short term used values will be increasing. Loads of people wanting to buy used cars at the moment to avoid using public transport and getting the 'rona. Lots of people downsizing to city cars, so good news for sellers of ups, miis and citigos.
Interesting that Up! GTI Value's are quite strong at this time for Resale. I've had mine since December Reg'd in Aug 2019 (Pre Reg Car, Delivery Miles) less than a year old. It's covered 7575 Miles all by me. Honestly tempted to move on from it but I'm just not sure! (I get bored with Cars very quickly as I used to work for BMW)
Currently It's worth £11,900 directly with VAG which is pretty great seeing how much I paid for it back in Dec!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why not try the new online company " Wizzle" They are very good. Its free to advertise with them,and only dealers get in touch to give offers for your car.You pick the dealer you want who has made the best offer and the dealer pays you and collects your car from your home.
The problem is what car to get after the UP GTI. Hyundai have just brought out an i10 N which looks quite good. Its similar to the UP GTI with all the toys but it is slower with 0-60 taking two seconds longer than the UP GTI.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Currently It's worth £11,900 directly with VAG which is pretty great seeing how much I paid for it back in Dec!
@Marky264 interested is that a direct cash sale to a VW dealer, a trade in or something else? (A pal is looking at selling his VW at the moment so might have a chat with VAG if this is a decent route)

·
Registered
182 Posts
The problem is what car to get after the UP GTI. Hyundai have just brought out an i10 N which looks quite good. Its similar to the UP GTI with all the toys but it is slower with 0-60 taking two seconds longer than the UP GTI.
Definitely a lack of new "pocket rockets" on the market at the moment. If I was buying new or nearly new I would go for a Ford fiesta ST. Absolute hoot to drive with a decent turn of speed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes the Fiesta ST looks good Percy247 but a lot more expensive than the UP GTI or i10N. I would prefer the Mini Cooper Automatic or Polo GTI Automatic for the £20 000 + price range.
However i am keeping my UP GTI for 3 to 4 years at least perhaps even longer. Its an amazing car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What is the point of comparing apples and oranges? Different fruits.... and different categories of cars..... May as well muse whether you need a Focus or a 5-series..... :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sadly,due to My advancing years and aching knees I traded in My GTI for a Seat Arona last Monday.
I wanted £10500 for the car and that’s how much I got which I think is a really good price for an 18 month old car.BTW got a £5090 discount on the Arona and a 2 year service plan for £149.
Have enjoyed My time on here and the GTI is a truly brilliant car.Happy driving everyone.

181 - 200 of 202 Posts