Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the new Polo and saw that they had done an Audi type of thing to the headlights. A bit of metal/plastic piece separating the indicator bulb from the others. I really liked that and I was thinking that it couldn't be that hard to buy that piece, tweak it a little and mount it into the Up headlights, right?

So, I was wondering if someone knew something about that piece? Can I order it as an part through my dealer or do I have to find it in the scrapyard?

This is how it looks like

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
They say beauty us in the eye of the beholder. Does nothing for me if you want to know if you can order a part through your dealer why not ask him?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did ask him before I posted and they couldn't help me BUT it's different in other countries. Some parts can be ordered in the UK and some in Germany but not in Sweden. So I threw out the question here and maybe we have a dealer on the forum that could help me out or something.

I think it would make a huge difference with this piece and maybe with some led strips.
But, I got an idea of making me my own now instead. A bit of carton and some metallic spray - the worst way but it might actually do the job :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
You can't buy parts for the headlamps individually - they are made and sold as a unit. I think the Up! headlamps are made by Hella - who sometimes do alternative lamps for popular cars where they are OE - different trim colours etc. As the Up! is proving so popular, this may be something they may do in the future.

If not, I bet some factory in the Far East is already working on replacement units - probably with LED DRLs etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts