Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this has been bugging me for a while, and have just been on the VW configurator again just to make sure I'm not going mad.

The High up comes with Maps & More, which includes the Think Blue Trainer and will show you stuff like average MPG and so on, from what I understand.

So why, when you go to add the 'Sensor Pack', one of the things it includes is a 'multifunction computer'? What is it? Sounds like a trip computer to me, but that's what the M&M is for isn't it?

Hopefully someone can correct me, I'm hoping I've just mis-understood the website.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's all controlled from the end of the right-hand stalk. You can cycle through the various options and see the results in the left-hand LED display in the instrument cluster.

Nick

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
No correction needed. Your understanding is right. Useful when M&M is in navigation mode.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh ok, so it's like having a second display for trip computer stuff so the M&M can be doing something else? I get it now.

So does it show anything the M&M can't show? Or vice versa?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I don't think so. Nothing different springs to mind.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the cruise is tempting, but I'm in a tight budget and can't afford to have the things I want, just the things I need :/

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is the trip computer that comes with sensor pack accurate? On our Golf 6 the trip computer is accurate for mpg but I've read posts on here that says the maps and more is not accurate for mpg.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
As far as I understand the source information for both is the same.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Beevee. You are correct. The information is usually taken from the engine ecu, so the data can be shown on multiple screens etc if need be.

Matt

·
Registered
80 Posts
What do you mean by accurate? My mpg shows a value on theM&M that is about 8-10 %higherthan whenI calculate it.
I don´t consider it as a problem. It´s just the way it is. No value ever can be 100% accurate. There is always a deviance, maybe a small one but still not totally EXACT. But the question is.. Can You accept it?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
Is the trip computer that comes with sensor pack accurate?
On my Eco-up, it's 10% off on average, and always underestimating fuel consumption .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does the trip computer have 2 modes A & B.

Any other VAG car i have owned has a Trip A and a Trip B. Think the Trip B used to carry on with av mpg etc until reset. Whereas the Trip A would reset itself after a rest, i.e in the Morning. Used to find this very useful.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yes it does

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am looking at three different mpg figures while driving. The momentary mpg, the long time mpg (for each fill up) and the mpg for my New travel. Good stuff!

·
Registered
179 Posts
The computerised MPG figures tend to be 8% or so optomistic compared to a tank to tank calculation. Honest John has been mnonitoring these claimed and actual figures. As far as the M&M trip window goes, I use it most of the time when Nav isn't required. It gives a constant read out of average speed, distance travelled, MPG over the trip and instant MPG and remaining mileage range based on current consumption. Very clever and quite useful!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts