Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I ordered my Up! about a month ago with a build data estimated late November (bit of a birthday and Christmas present bundled together).

I want my Up! NOW but must be patient.

Been looking at the forum since I ordered and just wanted to say hello.

I especially enjoyed the thread debating the use of standard unleaded vs V-Power and other premium fuels. Lots of good opinions and advice.

Edited by: AhabTheBad

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Patently ? have you a monopoly on waiting lol

but seriously, the wait is the only bad bit about UP ownership, welcome to the forum!

as I say to my clients who think they are shrinking

"you just need to be a little patient!" groan!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ha ha.

By the way, hello and welcome to the mad house

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have patent pending from a Zen Meditation master on the waiting thing.

Right, that's one post and one spelling mistake, I'm one for one!! Better buy a vowel for my subject line.

That's better, a little less illiterate.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Edited by: AhabTheBad

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Just teasing M8, the time passes pretty rapidly , especially whey you have the forum to surf......check out the maps and more instructions etc available online and also, the up owners manual is not up on the web but the seat/skoda version is and its full of info.

·
Registered
99 Posts
AhabTheBad said:
Right, that's one post and one spelling mistake, I'm one for one!! Better buy a vowel for my subject line.

That's better, a little less illiterate.
When do we start counting the things people do right? Just a personal request, please.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Time soon flies by!! :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
i ordered march and didnt get my UP! till september , last saturday to be precise
but i thought...........' yeah yeah' to everyone saying it will be worth the wait but BELIEVE ME it will

really really pleased with the UP!

·
Registered
315 Posts
littleredcar. I haven't had the problems you had, all that waiting must have been horrendous. Did you ask for compensation or a little something a a sweetener. Mine was running later than the promised delivery date but I contacted the CEO of VW in the UK and he phoned me. He was very apologetic and I ended up with the gift of Autoglym pack and the car was "autoglymed" or whatever it's called prior to delivery.

Private doc. I wouldn't laugh too loud about people getting smaller. It has happened to me. when I joined the armed forces in 1947 I was five foot, eleven and a half inches tall. (It's still on my service certificate) I am now five foot seven inches tall, a loss of four and a half inches. The loss is accompanied by pain by the way. You probably know more about it than me, but I think the shrinkage is mainly of the spine, a couple of bad landings from parachute drops probably contributed to it, but the pain is diabolical at times. I feel sorry for the amount of little ladies walking about the land today, they must have survived their husbands and life must be a drudge for them. That's why I never laugh at them.

Oh I was going to say that one of the reasons I got the VW Up! was because of the lovely wide doors. It makes access so much easier. It is also a very comfortable car and when the winter comes I just know the heated seats are going to be a boon to my poor old back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alodk

I was just talking about a word I mis-spelt when I created this post, just a little harmless self-deprecation.Edited by: AhabTheBad

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Bingalau.....yes, sorry for being flippant, crush vertebral fractures and disc dessication will cause shrinkage, Bloody sore too and V difficult to effectively treat, I've a mate who does implantable spinal nerve electrostimulators to treat these patients.....tech is starting to make a bit of a difference.

Bottom line is I don't think we are that well designed to jump out of planes! Keep well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts