Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Has anyone had problems getting a build date for their up! in Tungsten Silver?
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">
I ordered mine on 23rd March and still don't have a build date.
I went to my local VW dealer today and asked the manager to chase it up for me. He eventually discovered that there's a problem with the availability of the paint and that VW can't say when it will be available.
Naturally I was upset that I hadn't been informed before but that's down to VW not letting the dealerships know. I have now changed my order to a different colour(light blue) in the hope that I might actually get my up! before Christmas!

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

·
Registered
120 Posts
It is probably worth asking your dealer for the order number and checking the truth with VW direct.

I note that you are in West London, are you with Citygate ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I ordered mine in this colour on 8th May and as of the 22nd June the build week is confirmed as week 29 which I think is in 2 weeks or so. I am using Beadles VW in Sevenoaks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No - I couldn't even get them to unlock the up! car door, let alone test drive it. I'm with West London VW in Brentford.

I've had awful problems with my order due to what appears to be a rogue salesman who has now left. The manager is taking care of things for me now and seems to be pulling out all the stops though he is blaming all the delays on VW.

Who should I contact at VW?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davidw - When did you order your Tungsten Silver?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Vw free phone number will give you an honest status, the delay is probably more to do with the number of orders that the dealer had together with less common colours being made less often

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sounds like BS to me... I would take it higher as it sounds like excuse/ fob off to cover their lack of service to you.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi I had the same thing in march when I ordered my high up in dark blue I got a call 3 hours after placing the order telling me the dark blue will not be available till September so I ordered a white high up
4 months later dark blue is back on the VW web site but I now have a very sexy with high up with sunroof black gloss alloys tined windows and chrome door strips and soon chrome mirror caps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh dear. Looks like I'll have a busy time tomorrow phoning customer services and getting the dealer to hang fire on my changed order until I can find out what's really going on. I just can't believe how difficult it is trying to buy a new VW. I've considered cancelling three times due to poor service and the manager has thrown in free servicing and vehicle protection to keep me sweet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At least you got a phone call. I think it's appalling that I don't get told about the availability of Tungsten Silver until 14 weeks after I placed my order and then only because I complained again. There seems to be something seriously wrong with VW's ordering system.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Questions for the dealer are, order number, number of cars in front of you, whether they have any unallocated order in front of you that could be modified, date of order to vw, date that the factory accepted the order, current status code, confirm that you will be checking with VW.

Then ring and see how much VW agree with !!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like a good plan, davidw. You've obviously been there and worn the t-shirt. Thanks for the advice. Will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good luck, the colour story could even be genuine. However there are two of us with week 29 T Silver and it is possible that the next batch may not be soon, however you may have gone for another less popular colour !!

·
Registered
304 Posts
davidw said:
Questions for the dealer are, order number, number of cars in front of you, whether they have any unallocated order in front of you that could be modified, date of order to vw, date that the factory accepted the order, current status code, confirm that you will be checking with VW.

Then ring and see how much VW agree with !!
Very good advice.... Will be very interesting if story's match... I will be surprised.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just in case you managed to find a London Salesman that tells the whole truth, I checked with VW regarding my car & I still have confirmed build week of week 29 for Tungsten Silver.

I find the paint story difficult to believe as all colours are just mixtures, however some manufacturers do batch the same colour cars together so that they don't have to clean out the pipes that often, it is possible that VW do it that way. Unpopular colours (aka less common!!) would then have a little wait so that they can be batched together.

However the key issue is retailer allocation and I think that the London dealers got swamped, the Bluemotion version is currently exempt from the congestion charge.

A question that I forgot to mention is 'which months allocation is my order in' - according to the VW web site that is a useful question as well.

Good Luck with the dealers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am green with envy that your build week has been confirmed. Won't be long now! Are you going to wait for a 62 plate?

I was originally told that mine wasweek 29 but don't know why that's changed. My dealer told me that orders are processed in strict date order and had nothing to do with retailer allocation! However, I've added 'which months allocation is my order in' to my list of questions. I phoned my dealership at 9am but the manager hasn't called me back yet ... Hang on, he's phoning me now.

Well, he's saying that the factory accepted my order on 27/03/12, the current status code is 10, and I have a provisional build week of week 33.
He insists that it's nothing to do with dealer allocation.

I originally wanted the 5 door version. I know it's not as good looking as the 3 door but my elderly mother struggles with the larger doors. The manager has said that he would order me a 5 door as well and I can have which ever one comes first or the one I prefer.

Phoning customer services now - will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Customer services confirm that there is a delay problem with the Tungsten Silver paint and that ordering a different colour would speed things up. They also seemed frustrated that VW don't tell them what's going on. They seem to think that mogwai may have got a confirmed week 29 build date on the 8th of May order due to a previous order cancellation.

I think I'll keep my Tungsten Silver order with the unconfirmed week 33 build date and also go for the 5 door in Light Blue and see which one turns up first/which one I prefer. It's difficult going by pictures in the gallery - it's never the same as in real life. I never thought that this would take about 6 months from start to finish. Only consolation is that which ever one I choose, it will be a 62 plate.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts