Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, have been pondering on building on this engine. Have been looking around and it looks like the EA211 1.4TSI turbo looks like a direct fitment swap. Anybody has done it or is considering swapping it for a bit more oomph? Cheers all.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Probably not, but it’s easy to increase the power output if you want, without changing the turbo.
Just get a remap, it’s been discussed at length on here and those who have had it done say it’s a big improvement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the whp is disappointing though. 2.5inch downpipe straight through 3inch exhaust, intake on a custom tune only getting 110 whp which kind of translates to around 145hp at the crank or so. looking for more nearing 180

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm sure this has been done on the tsi in other countries that don't get the GTI with very good results but I can't remember where I have seen it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Been done lots in Brazil, there's quite a few vids on youtube about it.

·
Banned
645 Posts
Imagine a remap, with higher quality Garrett turbo, you would probably see over 150hp.
If a totally standard car, can comfortably produce 143hp, a larger turbo, and free flowing exhaust, and who knows, the Forge intake.
That i recon should see close to, or above 150hp.

A more powerful turbo, can make a significant difference, when all the other mods are done in combination.
It certanily will not be a mod i will be doing though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
the 1.4 turbo does bolt on but you have to cut the pressure side and turn it to point to the other side other wise it will not bolt on to the plastic pipe going to the intake.
regards
Sören

1 - 8 of 8 Posts