Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I treated my back windscreen with some Turtle Wax rain repellent, to see if it would help keep the glass cleaner (as its the whole back of the car..)

It does seem to be working, as I drove to work in the rain this morning and the glass seems to be nice and clean when I finally arrived.

Next time I wash the car, I am going to treat the side windows as well, However, I'm not going to put any on the front window as I have been told it can smear when you use the wipers.

anyways, just thought I would share this info on the Forum..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good idea! I got the Autoglym Lifeshine applied to the car - having had it on other cars I really think it is worth it even although I polish my car a lot. What you have done will have the same effect as I get from the Lifeshine. I'd avoid putting anything on the windscreen as I have applied RainX before and it DOES smear with the wipers

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've been using Rain-X on and off over the years and haven't had any problems. Putting it on the windscreen means that I don't have to use the wipers, as the rain, once above a certain speed, just flows up the screen and away. The only problems I've found are that: under street-lighting the water on the screen "strobes"; and that the rain "beads" on the windows, and if there's a frost, it freezes into ice ball-bearings which can be difficult to remove.

Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts