Up Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellas,

Got a Up! GTI 2018 - I don't know how serious I am yet on investing but would love to know the STOCK DIMENSIONS for the AUDIO SYSTEM and what to buy to fit the car:
So like Tweeters, Speakers etc... The subwoofer I'll get too fit the storage compartment

I've looked for ages now (more specifically tweeter sides of things), if anyone has the information to notes would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hi, woofers are 145mm front and back. Typical 165mm aftermarket speakers will also fit with adapters, just be careful the cone fronts don't hit door trim when cranking the bass.

I've fitted various speakers to Ups and other cars. If running them off the stock head unit but adding a boot sub with a simple mono amp my recommendation would be to fit the ones I linked to in this thread:

I have now fitted the woofers as well as the tweeters in that set to my 2021 GTI (plus a reasonable 10" sub in the boot running off a cheap Vibe sub micro-amp).

Eton is quality German kit. And it just so happens I also have a complete spare set on ebay: ETON UG R2.2 Speaker Upgrade fits VW Golf MK6 Rear, also fits VW Up front | eBay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, woofers are 145mm front and back. Typical 165mm aftermarket speakers will also fit with adapters, just be careful the cone fronts don't hit door trim when cranking the bass.

I've fitted various speakers to Ups and other cars. If running them off the stock head unit but adding a boot sub with a simple mono amp my recommendation would be to fit the ones I linked to in this thread:

I have now fitted the woofers as well as the tweeters in that set to my 2021 GTI. Eton is quality German kit.

I also have a complete spare set on ebay: ETON UG R2.2 Speaker Upgrade fits VW Golf MK6 Rear, also fits VW Up front | eBay

You sir, are a legend. Thank you for your time to write that and share some links, that's super useful and I'll go through all of it. Just running them off the stock head unit is really useful knowledge. For my 5 door Up GTI, I take it the tweeters in the A pillars are specific to only 25mm?

·
Registered
653 Posts
For my 5 door Up GTI, I take it the tweeters in the A pillars are specific to only 25mm?
Exact size not that important, since they're completely hidden behind the A-pillar trim, e.g. I did previously fit some 19mm JL Audio tweeters from a set of C5-650 components.

Re running off the head unit, some speakers will sound congested/pinched because they need more power to get them moving properly (e.g. that set of C5's), but the Eton ones I suggested are very efficient.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exact size not that important, since they're completely hidden behind the A-pillar trim, e.g. I did previously fit some 19mm JL Audio tweeters from a set of C5-650 components.

Re running off the head unit, some speakers will sound congested/pinched because they need more power to get them moving properly (e.g. that set of C5's), but the Eton ones I suggested are very efficient.
Oh okay I get what you mean, so all tweeters will fit universally or is there a max depth so as to not hit against the trim?

And thanks again, I know I can't really get away with high watt speakers in the Up because its such a small car I'll look into those Eton speakers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts