Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that we have had another headlight blown !

I thought the first one was unlucky but two anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Have you modified your UP at all ?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Was it the same side that popped or did the Right go 1st so you changed just that and now the left blown?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Light bulb filaments are brittle when cold. If you drive with your headlamps switched off, every bump in the road has the potential to break the bulb filament.

I have been driving with my headlamps on in daytime since 1996. I usually change headlamp bulbs somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000 miles depending on their brightness or gas type. Brighter bulbs tend to fail sooner than later. I always replace them in pairs even if the other side is still OK.

Last year I changed the original equipment tail light bulbs in one of my Jeeps. They had provided 19 years of service. All of the interior lights and dash lights are original too and are now at 20 years of service.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Ian986 said:

Did you change your bulbs to osram nightbreakers or were they the one that came with the car?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gary02tdi said:
Ian986 said:

Did you change your bulbs to osram nightbreakers or were they the one that came with the car?
Phillips extreme vision I have a spare bulbs and if another one goes I will tyre night breakers ! Maybe it's our 17inch alloys shaking them to bits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts