Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awful article, is that a guy a professional writer? I really hope not, would be awful for someone to pay him to write that drivel.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have just read the article, and well ..... is he really getting paid to review CARS?
The chap is a complete moron!

My guess is he cherry picks comments from other reviews and puts his name on it!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I happen to know he is in fact a respected motoring journalist and makes a valid point as to the merits of the up! and how it overshadows the laughable new Beetle. The up! is the right car for the moment, where as the Beetle continues as a case in point or how retro reworks do not always work. Like his style of writing or not, its a very true set of points he makes.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think we'll have to agree to differ!

As I don't aggree with his views on the beetle !

But he gets the UP! right!

Edited by: M5 SUT

·
Registered
655 Posts
Debate is a good thing
The new beetle is a massive impressive but still misses the point massively, from the view of the motoring press at least. I think it will be massively overshadowed the its baby brother...seems to be happening to date.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oh you mean the new new beetle......... i thought you meant the new beetle!

I must admit I didn't like the way they squared off the wings!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yes I meant the latest one, as the article did
It's flatter roof certainly makes it more masculine but its a stupid price one you add some nice things!! up! all the way i say!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a new beetle (NOT THE NEW NEW BEETLE) and have loved it for the past 8 years but sadly it is getting too expensive to run, however the new new beetle is very masculine and a salesman said he thought it looked more like the original, I don't think we were looking at the same car it looks nothing like the original if anything the new (old now)beetle shape looks more like the original, I think the new new one is too masculine and way too pricey.

The only way is up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts