Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So fellow up! friends...I am two weeks into ownership and passed a land mark today, managing to get 64mpg showing on maps and more!! I have to say this is one cracking little car. I can not say this for sure, but all of you worried and following the issue of 'odd noises'...this may be some reassurance. I am nearly about to pass the 300 miles mark and this strange noise is becoming much less apparent. I am in no way worried and will bring it to VW's attention tomorrow as I have a visit at the service department for them to see. But I can only stress once again it is a cracking car and so nippy. As promised a few more shots of mine looking good today in the sun:

And if your wondering....it has yet another layer of polish, this time Autoglym super resin, hence the nice glossy look!!!

All the best.

Mark

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I just ordered some of that yesterday, glad I did, car looks great.
I haven't used autoglym before, and also ordered some 'Extra gloss protection' that they say you should put on after the super resin. Not sure if that will make any difference but it will keep me busy...

From amazon, 1l of resin was £11.59 inc postage. That seemed good compared to the shops..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Mine has passed 2000 miles and there are no funny and disconcerting noises, apart from Laurence LLewelyn Bowen on Classic FM, and that was easily cured. There is a so-called 3 pot thrum, when accelerating, and with all this talk of noises, I noticed when the radio was off a faint clunking when changing gears. I suppose that is to be expected as the gearbox is not made from cheese, or dried flowers.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Leif said:
I noticed when the radio was off a faint clunking when changing gears. I suppose that is to be expected as the gearbox is not made from cheese, or dried flowers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your car looks great MarkyMark. Ours had her first wash today. Suprisingly she wasnt that dirty. Maybe its the lifeshine or the mudflaps that help. She looked really shiny in the sun so didnt give her a polish this time!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments guys. I didn't opt for lifeshine as I've used it before and have some from my last car so shall use that at a later date. To date it has had the 'Black Box' kit from Turtle wax which is well worth £25, followed by the Autoglym Super Resin polish today. It feels so smooth and the shine is so deep. I am one happy bunny and love this little black beauty!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
looks stunning mark! and you should be proud of your elbow grease to get that awesome shine! loving the photos.

I've gone for the lifeshine with the dealer, so im assuming in the pack you get of autoglym stuff you get some super resin in there?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thanks :) yeah i thought it had lots of bit in from when my dad got his, but couldnt remember what exactly...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Shame they don't come and keepputting the polish on for you!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
That is one fantastic looking car Mark, the shine is just awesome.

I went for the lifeshine too, didn't realise you got a goodie bag with it, that's nice to know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts