Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car with the sports pack came with Bridgestone Turanza 185/50R16 tyres. Done 3500 miles and now the rear left has a big nail in it and leaking air. Shops say repair not possible, need new tyre. If only you would know how hard it is to find that tyre in that size anywhere

But I did though after checking with like 6 places and its coming in for tomorrow!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I found it online too, but if you are in a hurry and try to look for a local stock supplier then it becomes trickier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ZillUp said:
My car with the sports pack came with Bridgestone Turanza 185/50R16 tyres. Done 3500 miles and now the rear left has a big nail in it and leaking air. Shops say repair not possible, need new tyre. If only you would know how hard it is to find that tyre in that size anywhere

But I did though after checking with like 6 places and its coming in for tomorrow!

Sounds like what happened to me, 4k on the clock and a massive nail in the N/S rear. They must be very soft andif it happened so easily once it will happen in the future no doubt. Had a similar thing happen to me with Continental Sport Contact on a different car and had to replace them due to a nail 3 times until I replaced the whole set with a different brand and had no issues since.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If your car picks up nails easily, start checking all 4 before driving off.
It might not be the car picking them up on its own.

@ a place where I used to work, I've regularly found mine and other cars with nails wedges against either side of a tyre. Whatever way you drove off, you were sure to nail a tyre.Edited by: _1S_

1 - 5 of 5 Posts