Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Hi uprecommendedtyre pressures are if 2 passengers 29/26 psi, if 4 32/36!!

That's a **** of a range.

It usually has 1 or 3 occupants, 4 occasionally.

I have decided to go for 32/32 but would welcome any suggestions.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just go by what is printed on the inside of the fuel filler flap. As I'm he only one in the car, it doesn't change.

Nick

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did exactly the same as you - i.e. 32/32. The car either has me or my wife in by ourselves, or my wife with two kids, or occasionally the whole family (including dog). And I'm not changing the tyre pressures every time! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum. Am I correct in thinking that 29 psi is for the front tyres, and 26 psi is for the rear tyres ? Look forward to hearing back

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome! Over the years* I've come to the conclusion that the actual values are not as important as the differential values a) being the same each side, front and rear and b) between front and rear. Of course, the actual values should be 'near' those shown on the fuel filler cap as appropriate for your loading conditions.
* Some years ago, when they used to stress how tyres MUST match at least side to side I questioned the fact that for a new replacement tyre on my company car, K/Fit had used a different tread pattern to the other tyres. Our fleet mamager investigated and came back with the answer. "It really doesn't matter. You're not racing on Bands Hatch (which was just up the road). In any case, find any road surface in the south east where the surface conditions will be the same on each side of the car when you brake or need grip in the wet. Just drive sensibly - as you're taught on the regular Defensive Driving courses - and the tyres will be more than you'll ever need.
So, 'QED' as they used to say. (I think modern Latins would say 'sorted' where the 't' is not pronounced, of course .....)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts